I know, I know, some of you aren’t QUITE as excited about the Gilmore Girls revival as the rest of us. You’re more interested in turkey or gratitude lists or the Hallmark Channel’s Countdown to Christmas. I get it. We’ll return to our regularly scheduled non-Gilmore programming soon. Promise.
But not today.
Because, HELLO! A Year in the Life (and Lorelai and Rory and Emily and ALL THE BOYFRIENDS) will be here in just about 48 hours!!! Stars Hollow, HERE WE COME.
But before we turn on Netflix and immerse ourselves in 360 minutes of Gilmores, we’d better make sure we’re prepared. I, for one, just finished the last episode of season seven this afternoon. I used Kendra’s Gilmore Girls Binging Guide to get through the last few seasons. I’ve watched the first three seasons of Gilmore Girls so many times, but I needed to rewatch the last half of the series to refresh my memories a bit. If you’ve given up on catching up before Friday, I highly recommend Kendra’s episode guides.
A few other links to hit up:
- The Simple Show Podcast on Gilmore Girls — Tsh Oxenreider and Kendra Adachi, two of my very favorite people to talk pop culture with (or listen to, in this case!) deep dive into their favorite characters, scenes and episodes, as well as which characters they’d like to travel with and which character they are most like. IT’S BRILLIANT.
- Gilmore Girls swag at Urban Tee Farm — This shop has everything you could want in the way of Gilmore gear. And what they don’t have, they’re featuring from other shops on their fantastic instagram account. As a matter of fact, Urban Tee Farm was the inspiration for my giant Gilmore Girls Giveaway (ahem, ahem, DON’T MISS THIS ONE!).
- How to Throw the Ultimate Gilmore Girls Revival Watch Party — Holy Pop Tarts, Batman! This party looks fabulous and I want to go to there. I’ll confess that I have made an elaborate watch party plan…twice. But the timing just didn’t work out to host a party at my house. Instead, I’m hoping you will join me on Facebook while we watch this weekend. (More on that coming soon!)
- If you need a break from the screen, you might try Modern Mrs. Darcy’s Gilmore Girls Series in Books.
- And if you want a companion to your revival viewing, try one of these:
- Lists of suggested snacks to eat here, here and here
- A book-ish Gilmore Girls bingo card from Book Riot
- Gilmore Girls drinking game rules from Forever Young Adult blog
I’ll be sharing all the rest of my favorite Gilmore Girls finds on Facebook today, and then I’ll be taking a break until Saturday evening. Because my Friday is full of family festivities, I won’t be starting A Year in the Life until the following day. But perhaps you’ll join me? If you’re also watching the Gilmores’ return on Netflix this Saturday evening, let’s hang out together on Facebook and talk about ALL THE THINGS!
I’ll see you there.
Of course, I would be remiss if I didn’t also recommend my devotional inspired by Gilmore Girls, FAST TALK & FAITH. If you enjoy finding spiritual truth in the world around us (even the fictional world of Stars Hollow), this book is for you — and you can get your copy at Amazon today.
The return of Gilmore Girls is definitely working for me! How about you?
If this is your first time linking up with WFMW here, PLEASE read the guidelines I shared in this post. Highlights include linking your specific post, not the front page of your blog, and making sure to include a link back to this site in your WFMW. Thank you!!