Season 1, Episode 3 :: Show Notes
Today Mary and her friend, Myquillyn Smith (aka, The Nester), talk about boundaries in how we consume entertainment. In other words, TV (and books and movies and everyone who says, “Oh, you’ve got to watch Game of Thrones!”) is NOT the boss of you. Mary confesses how many times she should have just listened to Myquillyn’s TV show recommendations (hello, The Goldbergs, where have you been all my life?!) – but the friends agree to disagree on reality TV set in Alaska. Wonder who loves those Alaskans and who most certainly does not? Tune in to find out!
MENTIONED IN THE SHOW:
- Victoria, Poldark, and a whole bunch of other PBS and BBC shows
- Game of Thrones (the TV show, not the books)
- House Hunters International
- Jane the Virgin (you still have time to catch up before the final season airs!)
- Book of the Month Club
- Modern Mrs. Darcy’s theory on eight-line edits (and the exception that we let Anne boss us about what to read)
- (in)courage (the site that originally brought Mary and Myquillyn together)
Welcome to The Couch!