This week my friend Alia Joy and I talk about the people in pop culture we’ve admired and looked up to. And we also talked about the difficulty of finding someone to look up to when nobody looks like you. (Annnnd I realized the characters I liked most as a kid have something interesting in common…)
MENTIONED IN THE SHOW:
- Molly Ringwald in John Hughes movies (This recent article by Ringwald is an interesting read.)
- Niki Taylor and Krissy Taylor
- Fresh Off the Boat
- To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before
- Crazy Rich Asians
- Winona Ryder
- Say Anything
- Ming-Na Wen
- Sookie in Gilmore Girls
- Stranger Things
- Roswell, New Mexico (not to be confused with the original series from the early 2000s)
- Join The Couch on Facebook!
- Find Alia at aliajoy.com, and don’t miss her incredible new book, Glorious Weakness.
Welcome to The Couch!
Download the episode here or listen by clicking below.