In a surprisingly upbeat episode, my friend Becky McCoy and I tackle the topic of grief. We talk about grief as it’s portrayed in pop culture, and how pop culture can help a person heal from loss or grief. Based on the amount of laughter in this episode, we either have a fantastic perspective on these topics…or we’re just big weirdos who love talking about sad things. Tune in and then tell us which you think it is!
MENTIONED IN THE SHOW:
- This quote from Patton Oswalt about grief in pop culture
- This post from Mary about grief
- This conversation about a Will & Grace episode
- Dead to Me (Netflix)
- Sorry for Your Loss (Facebook Watch)
- Harry’s Trees by Jon Cohen
- Gortimer Gibbon’s Life on Normal Street (Amazon Prime)
- 48 Christmas Wishes (Netflix)
- Join The Couch on Facebook!
- Find Becky at her website, on instagram, or on her podcast, Sucker Punched.
Welcome to The Couch!
Download the episode here or listen by clicking below.