Have you seen Hamilton, the musical? Or listened to the soundtrack eleventy billion times? Maybe scoured the internet for every #Ham4Ham clip you could find? Then this is the episode for you!
After a quick road trip to Chicago to see Hamilton on stage, I couldn’t quit gushing and analyzing and, let’s be honest, crying just a little bit about the show. So I got my friend Amy Clark (who also has been known to gush and analyze and cry about this thing) to talk about all the things on this week’s episode.
And head’s up! This supersized episode is also the final one of Season 1. Don’t worry! The Couch will be back in a few short weeks. Until then, don’t throw away your shot (get it? Hamilton reference?) and listen to episode #22. It just might blow you all away. (Hamilton reference. Again. CAN’T STOP, WON’T STOP.)
IF YOU’RE NEW TO HAMILTON:
- What Is This Hamilton Broadway Show Anyway?
- 11 Things Every Die-Hard Hamilton Fan Wants You to Know
- 20 Things You Might Not Have Known About Hamilton
MENTIONED IN THE SHOW:
- The podcast episode that introduced Hamilton to me and so many others (Sorta Awesome with Meg Tietz & Tsh Oxenreider)
- Hamilton’s America (PBS documentary about the creation of the show)
- Hamilton Soundtrack
- Hamilton Mixtape
- Amy’s review of her family’s trip to see Hamilton in Chicago
- Lin-Manuel Miranda’s commencement speech at Wesleyan
- Deep dive into all the lyrics on Genius
- A View from My Seat
- Join The Couch on Facebook!
- Find Amy at her website or on Instagram, or check out her book club on Facebook!
Welcome to the Couch!
Download the episode here or listen below!