HEAD’S UP: This episode was recorded (with my friend and friend of the show, Alana Dawson) before we knew much about COVID-19 and before we were all social distancing and shelter-in-place-ing.
I thought about not releasing this one, but though the conversation may seem out of touch (I’m not seeing any movies in the theater right now, for example.), my hope is that it will also be helpful — either as a brief distraction or as a list of things you might read or watch during this difficult season. As always, I’m your gal for lists of “comfort food” books, movies, TV shows, and more.
This episode (Ask the Couch, volume 3, where I take your burning pop culture questions) was already planned as the final one of season three. I’m working on a writing project that is going to take up the majority of my time (even before the addition of helping my kids with distance learning!) for the next several weeks.
I hope to be back on the air and in your earbuds soon. Please, please keep in touch with me and our Couch Community in our Facebook group. In the meantime, here’s a real long list of things we mentioned in this episode:
- Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist
- The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
- Virgin River
- LEGO Masters
- High School Musical: The Musical: The Series
- High Fidelity
- Season 2 of Fleabag
- The Wedding Planner
- How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days
- Two Weeks’ Notice
- You’ve Got Mail
- Sweet Home Alabama
- She’s All That
- 10 Things I Hate About You
- All Things Reconsidered: How Rethinking What We Know Helps Us Know What We Believe by Knox McCoy
- The Lazy Genius Way by Kendra Adachi
- Little Women
- Jumanji: The Next Level
- No Time to Die
- Trolls World Tour
- The Couch Podcast (S3E2) – spring movie preview episode
- The Library of Lost Things by Laura Taylor Namey
- Tweet Cute by Emma Lord
- Of Curses & Kisses by Sandhya Menon
- Lucky Caller by Emma Mills
- A Castle in the Clouds by Kerstin Gier
- A Heart So Fierce & Broken by Brigid Kemmerer
- Yes No Maybe So by Becky Albertalli & Aisha Saeed
- The Sound of Stars by Alechia Dow
- A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder by Holly Jackson
- Debbie Gibson – Girls Night Out
- Celine Dion – Imperfections
- Richard Marx – Another One Down
- NKOTB – The Boys in the Band
- Evvie Drake Starts Over by Linda Holmes
- The Accidental Beauty Queen by Teri Wilson
- Waiting for Tom Hanks by Kerry Winfrey
- Meet Cute by Helena Hunting
- Don’t You Forget About Me by Mhairi McFarlane
- Would Like to Meet by Rachel Winters
- Open Book by Jessica Simpson
- Here For It: Or, How to Save Your Soul in America by R. Eric Thomas
- Alan Sepinwall
- Matt Roush
- Linda Holmes
- TV Line
- Join The Couch on Facebook!
- Find Alana on Instagram at @alanapdawson, and find Mary there at @marycarver.
Thanks for listening. Can’t wait to chat with you again soon!
Welcome to The Couch!
Click here to download the episode or listen below!
These notes include affiliate links, so if you click and purchase I might receive a small commission at no cost to you.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download