Today I’m talking with my good friend (and friend of the show), Kristen Strong. If you’ve heard Kristen and me chat about pop culture before, you know we could go on forever, gushing about all the many favorites we have in common. But today we decided to be a smidge more serious and hopefully helpful and talk about how pop culture can help us deal with change.
Whether the biggest change in your life right now is spring finally showing winter the door, or you’re experiencing a major life change like moving, changing jobs, getting married or divorced, this episode will have something that can help you escape your stress and process it, too.
NOTE: Kristen shares my favorite movie review of 2020 when she talks about The Marriage Story in this episode. She really cracked me up! HOWEVER, she and I both want to make it clear that we understand that some marriages end with valid reasons. Neither one of us is saying (or believes) infidelity or abuse is acceptable. It’s not, end of story.
ANOTHER NOTE: Kristen also mentions a Spotify list in this episode, and she’s sharing it with us! Just click here to listen.
- Mine: contemporary romance by Christina Lauren
- Kristen: Trader Joe’s dark chocolate peanut butter cups
MENTIONED IN THE SHOW:
- Today Show on XM
- Bobby Bones Show
- Cheer on Netflix
- The Marriage Story on Netflix
- Virgin River on Netflix
- Dead to Me on Netflix
- Anxious for Nothing and You’ll Get Through This by Max Lucado
- Remember God by Annie Downs
- Do the Next Right Thing by Emily P. Freeman
- Whispers of Rest by Bonnie Gray
- Girl Meets Change by Kristen Strong
- Home Town on HGTV
- Trisha Yearwood on Food Network
- The Pioneer Woman on Food Network
- Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives on HGTV
- Crazy Rich Asians movie
- Little Women movie (2019)
- Join The Couch on Facebook!
- Find Kristen at her website or on Instagram, and find Mary at her website or on Instagram.
Welcome to The Couch!
Download the episode here or listen below!
By the way, this post may include affiliate links. That means if you click and purchase, I might earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.