Today my friend, Dr. Michelle Reyes, and I are talking all about fairy tales. Michelle is a brilliant writer and teacher, who writes and speaks about faith, culture, and justice. She’s also a pastor’s wife, an activist, and the vice president of the Asian American Christian Collaborative. I’m truly honored that she joined me on The Couch to talk about fairy tales and how Disney keeps getting them wrong!
One thing before we dive in. Although we’re talking about fairy tales, this episode does have some mature themes that might not be a good fit for little ears. You, though, are certainly going to find it as fascinating as I did! I learned so much talking with Michelle, and I can’t wait to share this with you. So, get comfy and settle in because once upon a time, The Couch was all about fairy tales…
MENTIONED IN THE SHOW:
- 100 Must-Read Fairytale Retellings for Adults and YA Readers (Book Riot)
- 20 Spellbinding Fairytale Retellings to Get Lost In (Modern Mrs. Darcy)
- Lunar Chronicles series by Marissa Meyer
- Disney’s A Twisted Tale series
- Asian American Christian Collaborative
- Nespresso machines
- Plain ol’ lattes made by someone else
- Join The Couch on Facebook! It’s so much fun!
- And don’t forget to get your Hooked on Holiday Movies bundle of free downloads.
- Find Michelle on Instagram at @michelleamireyes, and find me there at @marycarver.
Welcome to The Couch!
This post includes affiliate links. This means that if you click and purchase, I might receive a small commission at no extra charge to you.