You asked and I answered! Today I’m joined by my good friend (and friend of the show), Alana Dawson. Alana is a podcast coach and podcaster, as well as a fellow fan of pop culture, and she is here for another round of “Ask the Couch.” You all have sent me your burning questions about TV, movies, books, and more—and I’m here with the answers. Or at least my opinions. Either way, we had a lot of fun talking about all of it, and I think you’ll enjoy listening too.
One note: This episode is airing a bit earlier than I originally planned, so when I say that the Saved by the Bell reboot and second season of Virgin River are already out, don’t get confused. Saved by the Bell comes back tomorrow, the 25th, and Virgin River returns on Friday, the 27th. Also, if you’re wondering why I didn’t mention Wonder Woman 1984 when we talk about upcoming movies, it’s because at the time of this recording, I didn’t know when it would be released. Now we know it will be released in theaters and on HBO Max on Christmas Day, and I am absolutely looking forward to that! All right, everything else should make perfect sense. So get comfy and enjoy episode #65 of The Couch!
MENTIONED IN THE SHOW:
- Friday Night Lights (Prime)
- Psych (Prime)
- Magic Camp (Disney+)
- Onward (Prime)
- The Baby-Sitters Club (Netflix)
- Julie & the Phantoms (Netflix)
- Upload (Prime)
- Sweet Magnolias (Netflix)
- Ted Lasso (Apple TV+)
- Cobra Kai (Netflix)
- Practical Magic by Alice Hoffman
- Soul (Pixar, coming soon)
- Sylvie’s Love (Prime, here’s a trailer)
- Raya and the Last Dragon (trailer)
- Virgin River (Netflix)
- Dead to Me (Netflix)
- Bridgertons (Netflix, trailer)
- Chesapeake Shores (Hallmark Channel)
- A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness (the books, the show)
- Saved by the Bell reboot (Peacock)
- Supermarket Sweet reboot
- Animaniacs reboot (Hulu)
- Walker Texas Ranger reboot
- Fresh Prince as a drama (trailer)
- Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich
- Lost in Isolation (YouTube)
- Songbird (trailer, but again, no thank you)
- This is Us
- Clouds (Disney+)
- High School Musical
- Book of the Month Club (get your first month for just $5)
- The Couch on Patreon (don’t miss the Lost bonus episode!)
- Join The Couch on Facebook! It’s so much fun!
- And don’t forget to get your Hooked on Holiday Movies bundle of free downloads.
- Find Alana on Instagram at @alanapdawson, or on her website. You can find me on Instagram at @marycarver, or on my website.
Welcome to The Couch!
This post includes affiliate links. This means that if you click and purchase, I might receive a small commission at no extra charge to you.