Welcome to a new episode of The Couch. Today I’m here with my brother and friend of the show, James Walters! James is a candlemaker, a small business owner, and—perhaps most relevant to this episode—a professional musician. He joined me to talk about our favorite TV theme songs and, while we kept things legal by NOT playing any clips of said songs, we just might have hummed or sung a couple along the way.
Of course, because this is The Couch, where rabbit trails and side notes are always welcome, we also get into boy bands from the 90s, TikTok and other time sucks, and the history of ska music. Believe me, this is a fun one! And I’m glad you’re here, friends. Get comfy and enjoy the episode!
MENTIONED IN THE SHOW:
- Ska music (including the Mighty Mighty Bosstones, which Wikipedia categorizes as “ska punk”
- Mission Impossible movies and somebody’s lapse in viewing them
- Sylvie’s Love on Prime
- Hey Dude (the first thing that’s made me want Paramount+, actually)
- Des Moines Metropolitan Opera
- Mike Post, composer of a whole bunch of theme songs
- Alan Thicke, also composer of theme songs
- WandaVision and its many theme songs
- This long list of TV theme songs (Spotify playlist of everything we mentioned!)
- Join The Couch on Facebook! It’s so much fun!
- Find James on Instagram and at his Etsy shop. You can find me on Instagram or at marycarver.com.
Welcome to The Couch!
This post may include affiliate links. This means that if you click and purchase, I might receive a small commission at no extra charge to you.