Why do we love mysteries so much? Why is fiction so important? And who are our favorite female detectives?
Today I’m talking all of that and more with my friend, Patricia Raybon. Patricia is an award-winning Colorado author and novelist who writes about faith and mystery, and she’s also on the (in)courage writing team with me. And, as you’ll hear in this episode, she has a lot to share with us about writing in general and mysteries in particular.
That’s right. We’re talking about mysteries this week—specifically ones solved by female detectives. It’s a fun one, friends! And, because this is The Couch, where rabbit trails and side notes are always welcome, we also get into Netflix binges, romance novels, and nineties music. So, get ready, because we’re starting now!
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Nancy Drew
- Her Royal Spyness series by Rhys Bowen
- Kinsey Millhone series by Sue Grafton
- The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency series by Alexander McCall Smith
- Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich
- Miss Marple Mysteries by Agatha Christie
- Miss Fortune Mysteries by Jana DeLeon
- Blanche White Mysteries by Barbara Neely
- Charlotte Holmes series by Brittany Cavallaro
- American Girl History Mysteries
- Hannah Swensen Mysteries by Joanna Fluke
- The Ravenous Brain
- Story by Robert McKee
- Save the Cat
- James Scott Bell
- Why We’re Addicted to Mysteries (Salon.com)
- Bridgerton on Netflix
- The Bridgerton books by Julia Quinn
- Nineties music (don’t sleep on this playlist!)
- Join The Couch on Facebook! It’s so much fun!
- Find Patricia on her website and order her new book, All That Is Secret, today! And, of course, you can find me on Instagram at @marycarver or at marycarver.com.
Welcome to The Couch!
This post includes affiliate links. This means that if you click and purchase, I might receive a small commission at no extra charge to you.