Holiday movie season is almost here, so let’s talk made-for-TV holiday movies! What do Lifetime movie fans think when the station switches from killer cheerleaders to stars from the 90s having snowball fights? What’s the best way to watch a holiday movie—while doing laundry or while taking notes because this is serious business? And when, for the love, will Hallmark release their full holiday movie schedule?! One of my favorite podcasters and now, friend of the show, Brandon Gray is here to address all these questions and more.
Brandon is a podcast producer and co-host of the Deck the Hallmark podcast, which happens to be one of my favorite shows. He and his friends watch all the Hallmark movies and talk about them from their varying viewpoints. Luckily for us, Bran is the one who loves Hallmark movies, just like we do here at The Couch. As fellow fans of made-for-TV movies, we had a great time talking about all the related things—including Bran’s new book coming out next week. I’ll Be Home for Christmas Movies is both hilarious and helpful, and you’re going to want to get a copy.
Of course, because this is The Couch, where rabbit trails and side notes are always welcome, we also get into BTS and bookstagramming, so look forward to that. This episode is a good one, so let’s get started!
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Hooked on Holiday Movies
- The Couch episode #82 (Fall Movie Preview)
- The Teleparty extension for virtual movie parties
- Melissa & Joey
- Project Hail Mary
- A Court of Thorns & Roses
- A whole bunch of Hallmark movies
- Roadhouse Romance
- Redemption in Cherry Springs
- The Irresistible Blueberry Farm
- As Luck Would Have It
- Right in Front of Me
- It Was Always You
- Hitched for the Holidays
- Christmas with Holly
- The Most Wonderful Time of the Year
- Cross Country Christmas
- Project Christmas Wish
- Crashing Through the Snow
- I’ll Be Home for Christmas Movies: The Deck the Hallmark Podcast’s Guide to Your Holiday TV Obsession
To leave a review for The Couch, like Bran told you to, click here please and thank you.
- Re-reading books and generally being influenced by BookTok and Bookstagram
- Join The Couch on Facebook! It’s so much fun!
- Find Bran and his podcast @hallmarkpodcast on Instagram or at deckthehallmark.com. And get his new book anywhere books are sold (here it is on Amazon). You can find me on Instagram at @marycarver on Instagram, in The Couch Facebook group, or at marycarver.com.
Welcome to The Couch!
This post includes affiliate links. This means that if you click and purchase, I might receive a small commission at no extra charge to you.