Toe pick! It’s Olympics time!
I didn’t slam into the ice this week, but I did catch a cold and show up to The Couch with a hoarse voice. Luckily, my friend and friend of the show, Jenny Rapson, was here to carry the conversation. As a self-proclaimed Olympaholic (it’s fine, it’s a word), she was the perfect fit for an episode about the best Olympic-themed movies.
But, of course, before we got to that, we also got into protein-packed snacks (and a possible copycat recipe) and a Netflix thriller that may or may not be a parody. After all, this is The Couch, where rabbit trails and side notes are always welcome!
A (related) SIDE NOTE: I owe an apology to Eddie the Eagle (the movie, not the man). When we recorded this episode, I’d only watched the first half of the movie. And honestly, I did not like it. But I watched the rest yesterday and ended up really loving it! Sorry, Eddie.
Now, grab a hot cup of tea (it’s great for a sore throat, ahem) and let’s get started!
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Miracle (Disney Plus)
- The Cutting Edge (Showtime through Amazon Prime)
- I, Tonya (Hulu)
- Eddie the Eagle (Amazon Prime)
- Bad Sport (Netflix)
- Meddling (Peacock)
- Cool Runnings (Disney Plus)
- The Gabby Douglas Story (Amazon Prime)
- Blades of Glory (HBO Max)
- Chariots of Fire (HBO Max)
- Goofy in The Olympic Champ (Disney Plus)
- The Woman in the House Across the Street from the Woman in the Window (Netflix)
- Bacon and gruyere egg bites at Starbucks (and a recipe)
- Join The Couch on Facebook! It’s so much fun!
- Find Jenny on Twitter and her website. And you can find me on Instagram at @marycarver or at marycarver.com.
Welcome to The Couch!
This post may include affiliate links. This means that if you click and purchase, I might receive a small commission at no extra charge to you.