Have you read the book yet? Is the book better? Can you watch the movie even though it’s so different from the book? Watching TV and movie adaptations of books can bring up a lot of questions, and we’re answering all of them today.
In today’s episode I’m chatting with my friend (and friend of the show) Latasha Ferguson, a speaker, writer, podcast host, educator, and mom. To say she knows a thing or two about movies and books for our kids would be an understatement!
You know we’re going to make the best list of recent movies (and a few series) based on kids books for you today. And of course, because this is The Couch, where rabbit trails and side notes are always welcome, we’ll also get into coffee, other podcasts, and something called a “15-minute rule.” It’s a good one, so let’s get started!
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- The Couch Podcast episode #70 with Latasha Ferguson (about what to stream right now)
- The Couch Podcast episode #52 with Amanda White (more about children’s book’s adaptations)
- The Couch Podcast episode #108 with Tasha Jun & Michelle Reyes (about Turning Red)
- Everything Everything
- Peter Rabbit
- Grace P. Cho
- Mr. Popper’s Penguins
- The Princess Diaries books
- Spinoff of To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before
- This scene from Designing Women
- Perspective on the cancellation of BSC
- Join The Couch on Facebook! It’s so much fun!
- Find Latasha on Instagram at @latashamferguson, on her podcast Overcome to Become, and at latashaferguson.com. And you can find me on Instagram at @marycarver or at marycarver.com.
Welcome to The Couch!
This post may include affiliate links. This means that if you click and purchase, I might receive a small commission at no extra charge to you.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download