The thing about teen TV shows is that they answer some of life’s most important questions like, “what happens when a boy meets the world,” “did I do that?” and, of course, “Dawson or Pacey?” And that, obviously, is why we’re talking about these deeply important works of art today.
Or, my friend Lyndsay Rush and I just love to watch shows about teenagers and we decided it’s high time to investigate why. The explanation is one of those things, I’m sure.
Lyndsay is a comedy writer, copywriter, and poet who runs a creative agency called Obedient. She and her husband live in Nashville with their dog, Puffin Dorito, and she—like me—is a big fan of TV shows about the teens.
Of course, because this is The Couch, where rabbit trails and side notes are always welcome, we also get into where else we’ve seen every actor in every show, my strangely specific knowledge of a little show called Perfect Strangers, and where on earth pineapples are grown.
You are not going to want to miss this one, friends. Let’s get started!
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Dawson’s Creek
- Perfect Strangers
- Never Have I Ever
- The Sex Lives of College Girls
- Family Matters
- Hey Dude
- Hang Time
- Derry Girls
- Veronica Mars
- Marvel’s The Runaways
- TikTok (but only as a consumer)
- Guacamole (but only in Mexico)
- Join The Couch on Facebook! It’s so much fun!
- Find Lyndsay’s poetry on Instagram at @maryoliversdrunkcousin, her creative work at obedientagency.com, and her personal shenanigans at @rushbomb on Twitter and Instagram (but not TikTok; she is too old [as am I]).
- And you can find me on Instagram at @marycarver or at marycarver.com.
Welcome to The Couch!
This post may include affiliate links. This means that if you click and purchase, I might receive a small commission at no extra charge to you.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download