Buckle up, friends. Today’s episode is about historical romance novels, and it gets a smidge steamy! My friend (and friend of the show) Rebekah Hoffer is back on The Couch to discuss why I love them and she doesn’t. And in the course of this conversation, we do dive into some spicier topics than usual, so head’s up that this episode might not be for little ears (and could, in theory, cause one to swoon).
As you might recall, Rebekah is a blogger at SimplyRebekah.com and a co-host of the Sorta Awesome podcast. She’s also one of my very favorite people to talk books with because she not only loves to discuss what books she enjoys but is also willing to dive into why.
Can I convince her to give historical romance another try? You’ll have to listen to find out!
And of course, because this is The Couch (where rabbit trails and side notes are always welcome), we do also touch on board games and Netflix shows. Time to get started!
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Julie Garwood
- Catherine Coulter
- Jude Deveraux
- Christina Laurens
- Sally Thorne
- Lisa Kleypas
- Tessa Dare
- Julia Quinn (author of the Bridgerton series)
- Courtney Milan
- Sarah MacLean (and the Fated Mates podcast)
- Dreaming of You by Lisa Kleypas
- Love in the Afternoon by Lisa Kleypas
- When a Scot Ties the Knot by Tessa Dare
- Ticket to Ride board game
- The Lincoln Lawyer on Netflix
- Join The Couch on Facebook! It’s so much fun!
- Find Rebekah on Instagram at @simplyrebekah, on her website, or on the Sorta Awesome podcast. And you can find me on Instagram at @marycarver or at marycarver.com.
Welcome to The Couch!