Who else needs a beach vacay right about now? I don’t know about you, but the first half of my summer has not been what you’d call ideal. And this week’s guest said it’s been about the same for her. So we decided to lighten the mood and raise our spirits (or at least escape the things bringing us down) by talking about beach movies.
My friend (and friend of the show) Tori Rask is here to chat about our favorite movies that are beach-themed or at least beach-adjacent, and it is a good time! Of course, this is The Couch, where rabbit trails and side notes are always welcome, so we also get into video games and summer pants. But I know you’re going to love it all.
Also, a real quick note to let you know this episode is sponsored by my upcoming book, Prayers from the Parking Lot: 50 Short Reflections for Moms on the Go. If you’ve ever found yourself hiding in the car, taking the long way home, or sitting in the parking lot for just a minute, okay?—this book is for you. God loves us so much that He meets us wherever we are, whenever we need Him, and sometimes that means we are praying in the parking lot. Find out more and pre-order your copy at marycarver.com/parkinglot.
And now, time for the show! Let’s get started.
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- How Stella Got Her Groove Back (STARZ on Prime)
- Barb & Star Go to Vista Del Mar (Hulu)
- Death in Paradise (Britbox on Prime)
- Teen Beach Movie (Disney+)
- Gidget (Plex)
- Mamma Mia! (Peacock)
- Moana (Disney+)
- 50 First Dates (Prime)
- Surf’s Up (Prime)
- Point Break (HBO Max)
- Blue Crush (Peacock)
- Fool’s Gold (HBO Max)
- Tabitha Brown line at Target
- Beach Boys
- High School Musical 2 (this scene in particular)
- Royal Pains
- Burn Notice
- Father Brown
- Sister Boniface Mysteries
- Lilo & Stitch
- Into the Blue
- Outer Banks
- The Summer I Turned Pretty
- Join The Couch on Facebook! It’s so much fun!
- Find Tori at torirask.com. And you can find me on Instagram at @marycarver or at marycarver.com.
Welcome to The Couch!
This post may include affiliate links. This means that if you click and purchase, I might receive a small commission at no extra charge to you.