Do you know what day it is? It’s launch day for my new book, Prayers from the Parking Lot! And since this is a book written especially for busy moms who need a break, that’s exactly what I’m talking about in this week’s episode.
Jen Babakhan, author and curator of the best parenting memes on the internet, joins me to talk about our favorite TV moms—the messy, lovable moms we’d love to give a big iced latte or Diet Coke and send them off to the nearest park bench, parking lot, or pantry to hide in. All moms need a break sometime and these real, relatable moms are no exception (even though yes, we do understand they are fictional).
Of course, because this is The Couch, where side notes and rabbit trails are always welcome, we also chat about learning new things like the piano, watching old TV shows we missed when they first aired, and the fine art of pre-watching a show to determine if we should convince our husbands to watch it with us.
Also, this episode more than any other IS sponsored by my upcoming book, Prayers from the Parking Lot: 50 Short Reflections for Moms on the Go. If you’ve ever found yourself hiding in the car, taking the long way home, or sitting in the parking lot for just a minute, okay?—this book is for you. God loves us so much that He meets us wherever we are, whenever we need Him, and sometimes that means we are praying in the parking lot. Find out more and order your copy at marycarver.com/parkinglot.
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Claire Huxtable (The Cosby Show)
- Maddie Townsend and Dana Sue Sullivan (Sweet Magnolias)
- Lorelei Gilmore/Alex Morrow (Gilmore Girls/The Mighty Ducks: Game Changers)
- Penelope Alvarez (One Day at a Time)
- Beverly Goldberg (The Goldbergs)
- Jane, Xiomara, and Alba Villanueva (Jane the Virgin)
- Debra Barone/Frankie Heck (Everybody Loves Raymond/The Middle)
- Maya DiMeo (Speechless)
- Claire Dunphy (Modern Family)
- Maria (Maggie)
- Maria Portokalos (My Big Fat Greek Wedding)
- Nalini Vishwakumar (Never Have I Ever)
- Midge Maisel (The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel)
- Moira Rose (Schitt’s Creek)
- Ted Lasso
- Ms. Marvel
- Somebody, Somewhere
- Learning to play the piano
- Leverage (on Freevee)
- Join The Couch on Facebook! It’s so much fun!
- Find Jen on Instagram at @jenbabakhan, on Facebook, or on her website. And you can find me on Instagram at @marycarver or at marycarver.com.
Welcome to The Couch!
This post may include affiliate links. This means that if you click and purchase, I might receive a small commission at no extra charge to you.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download