What do you call mysteries that are also romance novels but are also really funny? Is there a name for that genre? I don’t know what it’s called, but these are the kind of books I’m loving right now, and my friend (and friend of the show) Jessica Howard is here to talk about this mishmashed genre and some of our favorite reads in it. Whatever it’s called.
Of course, because this is The Couch, where side notes and rabbit trails are always welcome, we also talk about our favorite blankets, watching The Bachelorette, and listening to audiobooks on road trips.
If you love this podcast, would you do me a favor and tell a friend? Share your favorite episode on Instagram or Facebook (and tag me so I see your post)! As I say, there’s always room for more friends on The Couch.
All right, let’s talk books!
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Kindle Unlimited (two months for $4.99)
- Project Hail Mary by Andy Weir
- Cozy Mysteries for Fans of Stephanie Plum
- Blue Moon series by Lucy Score
- Blankets from Sam’s Club
- The Bachelorette (and recaps from The Popcast)
- I Take My Coffee Black (audiobook) by Tyler Merritt
- Join The Couch on Facebook! It’s so much fun!
- Find Jessica on Instagram at @howjessicareads, join her Cozy Book Club (on Instagram), and sign up for her weekly book-ish newsletter too. And you can find me on Instagram at @marycarver or at marycarver.com.
Welcome to The Couch!
This post may include affiliate links. This means that if you click and purchase, I might receive a small commission at no extra charge to you.