It’s almost Thanksgiving, so it’s time to reflect on this year and the things that have enriched our lives, taught us something new, or just helped us get through the hard spots. We are talking the parts of pop culture we are thankful for this year!
My friend Barb Roose joins me for this conversation, and she not only has a lot to be grateful for but also a lot of insight into why and how pop culture adds value to our lives. Barb is a sought-after speaker, successful writer, and brilliant literary agent—as well as a fellow writer at (in)courage, the online community I’ve been with since 2009. So of course she has a lot to offer!
And you know, because this is The Couch, where side notes and rabbit trails are always welcome, we certainly got off topic a bit. But it could not be helped. We needed to talk about faux leather jackets, high school plays, the necessity of naps, and our approaches to seasonal thermostat decision making.
This is an especially fun episode too, because I asked you what you’re thankful for this year and share some of your answers as well. Before we jump in, though, a quick reminder that time is running out to purchase your tickets to the Hooked on Holiday Movies LIVE Event coming up on the 19th. It’s not too late to plan a road trip or girls night out (or both) and snag your tickets. Head over to HookedOnHolidayMovies.com to get them now!
Okay, let’s get started!
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Audiobooks (including these celebrity memoirs)
- The Great British Baking Show
- My book club
- The Dead Eyes podcast
- Love is Blind
- Waffle and Heardle online games
- Live theater
- Hallmark Channel’s progress toward diversity and inclusivity
- Vegan leather wrap from Macy’s
- Join The Couch on Facebook! It’s so much fun!
- Find Barb on her website, where she will give you a free ebook about self-care or on Instagram at @barbroose. And you can find me on Instagram at @marycarver or at marycarver.com.
Welcome to The Couch!
This post may include affiliate links. This means that if you click and purchase, I might receive a small commission at no extra charge to you.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download