Happy Valentine’s Day! Whether you’re celebrating with a significant other or friends or family members, or just avoiding the whole thing, today (or this week) gets most of us in the mood to watch a new romantic comedy. But which one? Well, thanks for asking.
My friend, fellow writer, and friend of the show Kayla Craig is back to help me make a list of recent rom coms for you. And of course, because this is The Couch, where side notes and rabbit trails are always welcome, we also talk a bit about the Libby app and Super Bowl commercials, as well as where you can stream the 2006 Amanda Bynes comedy, She’s the Man. Because of course we do.
It’s a good time, and I know you’re going to leave with the perfect movie for your Valentine’s Day viewing.
And if we don’t mention a movie you want to watch, I have a whole BONUS section of this month’s What to Watch Guide where I tell you what romance and romantic comedy movies are streaming on each of the platforms. It’s a lot of movies, like 70 of them. So get yourself a Valentine by going to marycarver.com/patreon. Sign up and get that guide today!
Okay, it’s time to talk rom coms. Let’s get started!
MENTIONED IN THE SHOW:
- She’s the Man (Paramount+)
- Father of the Bride (HBO Max)
- The Reunion (Apple TV+)
- Cost ‘n’ Mayor (Instagram)
- The Libby app for ebooks and audio books
- Super Bowl commercials (these were my faves)
- Join The Couch on Facebook! It’s so much fun!
- Find Kayla on Instagram at @kayla_craig and @liturgiesforparents, on her newsletter, or on the Liturgies for Parents podcast. And you can find me on Instagram at @marycarver or at marycarver.com.
Welcome to The Couch!
This post may include affiliate links. This means that if you click and purchase, I might receive a small commission at no extra charge to you.