I’ve noticed a trend lately, and it’s . . . spooky. That’s right, I’m talking about TV series and movies about ghosts. They’re everywhere these days! Ghosts are really having a moment.
When I noticed this and decided to talk about it on The Couch, I knew the only person to have this conversation with was my friend and fellow podcaster, Meg Tietz. Meg is the founder and host of Sorta Awesome, and someone who loves a good ghost story. So we are talking about why these stories are so popular right now, which shows and movies you should watch, and (of course) if we believe in ghosts ourselves.
Now, because this is The Couch, where side notes and rabbit trails are always welcome, we also talk about celebrity gossip, the scary books we read as kids, and a specific genre of books that we’re not feeling guilty about reading at all. This episode is so fun it’s scary . . . get it? Ghosts? Scary? Anyway, let’s get started!
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- School Spirits (Paramount+)
- Lockwood & Co (Netflix)
- Boo, Bitch (Netflix)
- Julie & the Phantoms (Netflix)
- Ghosts (FOX/Hulu)
- Not Dead Yet (ABC)
- Spirited (Apple TV+)
- Afterlife of the Party (Netflix)
- We Have a Ghost (Netflix)
- Darby & the Dead (Hulu)
- Beyond the Blinds podcast
- YA hockey romance novels (such as Breaking the Ice by Julie Cross, Center Ice by Cate Cameron, and In the Penalty Box by Lynn Rush and Kelly Anne Blount)
- Join The Couch on Facebook! It’s so much fun!
- Find Meg at @sortaawesomemeg on Instagram, on the Sorta Awesome podcast, or in the Sorta Awesome Hangout on Facebook. And you can find me on Instagram at @marycarver or at marycarver.com.
Welcome to The Couch!
This post may include affiliate links. This means that if you click and purchase, I might receive a small commission at no extra charge to you.