You asked, and I answered!
Today I’m answering all your burning pop culture questions, from what does the writers’ strike mean for us and what’s going on with streaming these days to what movies should we see in the theater this summer and, of course, what is Hallmark doing for Christmas in July.
My good friend (and good friend of the show) Alana Dawson is back for volume 8 of Ask the Couch, as well as a conversation about the rom coms we’ve seen lately (and the ones still on our lists to be watched). Of course, because this is The Couch, where side notes and rabbit trails are always welcome, we also share some life updates, discuss book bans, and talk about where we get our nature fix. Basically, we cover it all, and you don’t want to miss it!
Let’s get started!
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Friends University
- Emily Henry books
- Carley Fortune books
- I Have Some Questions for You by Rebecca Makkai
- Anthropocene Reviewed by John Green
- The Accidental Text by Becky Monson (free on Kindle Unlimited!)
- The Couch Podcast #161 (summer movie preview episode)
- The Couch Podcast #148 (best of 2022 with Alana)
- Hallmark on Peacock
- S’moreos at Target
- Eating cereal (it’s fortified with vitamins!)
- Walking in nature
- Reading only ebooks for now
- A commute on the back roads
- Join The Couch on Facebook! It’s so much fun!
- Find Alana on Instagram at @alanapdawson. And you can find me on Instagram at @marycarver or at marycarver.com.
Welcome to The Couch!
This post may include affiliate links. This means that if you click and purchase, I might receive a small commission at no extra charge to you.