Whew! Was November the longest month ever or what? No? It was just me? Well, I’m glad I shared many of the things I’m thankful for with you. It was a good exercise in gratitude, plus it gave me an excuse to tell some of my stories and show you some of my pictures. But if I ever needed more evidence that despite my penchant for brilliant ideas, I’ll never make millions because I lack follow-through, well, this was it. But I followed through. I persevered. And now I’m finished.
(Not done. My mom always told me, “Dogs are done; people are finished.” Is that true? Anyone else heard that one?)
Now, I can write about anything I want! I can go days without posting! I can learn more about you all instead of boring you with my stories!
So, on that note, I’d like to know TEN new things about each of you. Post it in the comments or on your own blog or both – I can’t wait to learn about you guys! And to make it fair (and because I love me a good list), here are ten things about me:
- I sort my M&Ms by color.
- I have a blonde streak in my brown hair – a birthmark, not a salon accident.
- I sang at a country opry once in high school. I did not wear sequins or boots.
- I hate whistling. And the flute. And really, I’m not too fond of sopranos. (Sorry, sopranos.)
- The first TV show I was addicted to was, “Life Goes On.”
- I don’t like the taste of coffee or alcohol. I can’t even stand coffee-flavored ice cream. (However, a good malt beverage or fruity “girl drink” can be tolerated.)
- I am terrified of trains. The phobia began when the terrible machines played a starring role in my childhood recurring nightmare. The graphic train safety video and presentation in 4th grade didn’t help either.
- I am constantly applying chapstick and/or chewing gum. It’s because I’m (sadly) a mouth breather, thanks to year-round allergies.
- I love magazines. And here’s how I read them: first, I read the last page. Then I start on page one and devour it front to back. No skipping around. No aimlessly flipping through. Front. To. Back.
- I hate cherry-flavored food (Starburst, Skittles, pie). But my favorite drink is Cherry Coke. I have no explanation.
Okay, now it’s your turn!
1.I sort my skittles by color and always eat them in the same order. (Not M&M's, they all taste the same.)
2.I was engaged before I even graduated high school (and I'm still happily married, go figure:).
3.I have a subscription to Cosmo and LOVE IT!
4.I sang in 3 different choirs in high school and performed in numerous states.
5.I chose my children's names based on their meaning.
6.I was born on Easter Morning (which is actually how I got my name.)
7.I jog 5 miles every night, even in the rain.
8.I can wink, but it looks so funny when I do that everyone can't help but laugh at me.
9.I like to watch iCarly.
10.I didn't have a TV growing up and now I never watch because I get really bored. Movies, too.
I should have said that I “occasionally watch iCarly when I’m folding laundry” :D
Haha, Busy! It’s okay to like iCarly!
I was engaged my freshman year of college – when people are shocked to hear how long I’ve been married now, I tell them that yes, I got married when I was 12. :)
Re: your #8 – I can’t believe I forgot to include that on mine. I can’t wink at all!
And who just runs in the rain? Just kidding. I admire your dedication. :)
Photo, I think this task is too hard for me — don’t you already know everything you’d possibly want to about me anyway? ;) Although I did learn a few things about you… I dunno; I’ll have to think on it for a bit.
Photo…once again I must say you and I are a lot alike!
BusyMommy…I named my kids based off the meaning too :-D. VERY important to me :-D.
Okay…here’s my list…
1. I sang my first solo when I was eight in front of my elementary school
2. I played violin until my Jr. year in high school although I chose choir over orchestra
3. Dolls that blink freak me out
4. I have a 1/2 sister that had been given up for adoption and found us when she was 21 and I was 14
5. I was the Outreach Coordinator at the ISU Insect Zoo the summer of my senior year in college.
6. I used to be petrified of spiders–now I pick them up and free them much to my husband’s displeasure
7. I’m in the process of writing a fantasy novel mostly for myself and to give it to my dad who has always wanted me to write, but I might actually try to publish it since my SIL is reading it and really likes it…we’ll see!
8. I will make you pull over the car and pick it up if you litter and I happen to be in the car with you–if you don’t, then I will make your life miserable talking about it for the next hour.
9. I hate folding laundry and dusting.
10. Christmas is my absolute favorite holiday and I force my family to listen to Christmas music almost 24/7 starting at Thanksgiving until New Years.
iCarly is this tween show on Nick. Pathetic, I know. And I actually like to fold laundry, but HATE ironing so much that my husband actually knows better than to ask me.
You are all such amusing people, I would love to spend time with you in the future! Until then, here are 10 things about me:
1. I visited London, Paris, Sydney, Fiji, Edinburgh and Puerto Rico before ever visiting New York City.
2. I was one of those people at Disney who tells you to keep your hands and arms inside the vehicle at all times. I can still recite my 22-minute spiel.
3. I am a history and ancestry geek.
4. My high school softball team won the state championship, and then the state switched to fast pitch, so technically we are the reigning slow pitch state champions, some 15 years later.
5. My hiccups sound like ALF’s hiccups.
6. I love live music and am very intolerant of bad live music.
7. I love the Muppets, enough to wear Muppet T-shirts and carry Muppet tote bags and quote applicable Muppet wisdom in just about any situation.
8. A coin toss decided where I was going to college. (Good thing God pays attention to coin tosses)
9. With music cues, I can sing at least 8 Broadway shows from start to finish (almost).
10. The first concert I ever attended was Chicago and The Beach Boys, together.
Well, since I just did a list of 16 recently on my blog, I can't think of anything new and exciting. I'll just comment on a couple of yours.
1. You sort M&M's by color? Wow, I'm impressed with your self-control. I just shovel handfuls into my mouth as fast as I can eat them. I know what you're thinking… oink.
6. What, no coffee? or coffee ice cream? gasp! mmm, a malt bev sounds good.
7. I'm sorry to hear you're terrified of trains! Ok, I have a confession to make but I don't want it to ruin our relationship. Are you ready? I'm kind of afraid of realistic big dolls. sorry.
8. Hey, me too. I constantly have to have lip stuff on and I'm a big gum chewer. But I don't have allergies.
i’ll have to comment on yours and then think more.
1. i sort them by color, too
4. i also hate whistling (and for some reason even more if it’s a woman)
6. i was just today talking to someone at work about how much i don’t like coffee or coffee flavored ice cream or coffee flavored chocolate
7. train safety video?
10. do you by any chance like orange flavored candy? cuz if you do we can be friends and share candy.
Confession – I didn't know what iCarly was, either. But I was certain it was nothing to be ashamed of!
Chelley – I was pretty sure that would be your response.
HM – re: the book – that's so cool!
Amy – I can sing the Disney version of Beauty and the Beast from start to finish. Does that count? Also – wow, you've done some cool traveling!!!
Brenda – I have no self control. Just OCD issues. :) Believe you me, I eat all those color-sorted M&Ms! And it's okay, I will concur that dolls can be creepy!!!
Mel – yes, please come back with your own list. But yes, mmmmm, orange Starbursts!
I predicted you'd be thankful for all the things you were thankful for too, so there. :P
Just for that, maybe I just Won't respond at all next time! Hmph.
Chelley, you could always prove me wrong by playing along…
i cant get the movie Grease out of my head after reading the title of this post.
tell me more, tell me more….”
its late. thats all i got.
i posted mine on my blog because i had to write a few and then come back when i thought of more
I WHISTLE CONSTANTLY….I GUESS WE’RE NO LONGER FRIENDS. I actually brought this post up in the teacher’s lounge and said, “what do you think it means? is it her not-so-subtle way of telling me she hates my whistling?” and they said I should end the friendship (they were, of course, joking)
Triple, my comment was most certainly NOT about you! This just goes to show much I love you – I’ve never noticed that you whistle a lot!!! :)
i like icarly, too. i watch it with my girfs :)
i’m commenting now just because my word is “lulep” – that’s how mel used to say “roll-up”, as in “fruit luleps” :)
that’s so cute! i love little mel stories. ;)
Sorry, this is way after the fact, but I’m trying to catch up and this one caught my eye (wow! The number of comments!) I’m not sure I can think of 10 things, or if my kids will give me the time, but we’ll see :)
1. I can’t whistle at all. It has never worked.
2. I make a mess. Whatever I do, always a big giant mess. No OCD here!
3. I’ve been in love with Josh since grade 9.
4. I got my first gray hair about that time too! Coincidence? I think not!
5. As a baby I didn’t even crawl until over a year but was the most rowdy, independent baby my parents say they had…? My parents and I don’t understand each other very well on lots of things!
6. I really love teenagers and Alzheimer patients. I’m not sure what that says about me!
7. I suck at learning languages but can remember a worship song I heard 5 years ago.
8. I really don’t like candy.
9. I’m ridiculously scared of tornadoes. I’ll never live in Kansas.
10. I have a talent for drinking water right before someone says something funny and then I have to leave the room before I can swallow. This amuses Josh to no end, and so this happens a lot!
Hurray for 10! And only one poopy diaper while making the list!
It’s never too late, Kimberly. :)
That’s right. Whistling never works. (Sorry, Triple!)
I think I can understand your parents. Photobaby is still not walking at 14 months, but she is quite independent and feisty!
I think your love of teens and Alzheimers folks says you are patient.
*sigh* I wish I didn’t like candy.
I live in Missouri. We have lots of tornadoes, too. Not that I don’t want you to live here, but just to let you know. At some point, I’ll post about my very, VERY scary experience with a real, live tornado!
1. This is only the 2nd time I've ever commented on a blog, (the 1st was earlier today on Cindy Bealls')
2. My fave pastimes are gardening and reading, recently taken up blogs for most of the latter .
3. My marriage is a worldly failure but im trusting God to repair it to better than new.
4. I live in Kansas and I love it except for not having any family around.
5. I recently started my walk with God again after many years away.
6. I believe good food starts with the proper seasoning.
7. I love french fries with cheese,ranch and bacon bits :)~
8. Im living day-by-day and it works for me.
9.Im holding out for the desires of my heart.
10. I enjoy sleeping very much.
1. The website is my daughters. I live my life through my kids.
2. I am old and overweight even after being on every diet known to man.
3. First, I am a Christian.
4. I am still married to the person I fell in love with at age 15. He was 17. Many, many moons ago.
5.I was a hairdresser in my real live, but now retired.
6. I read every day.
7. I crochet
8. I bead.
9. I am trying to sew my first quilt from scraps.
10. I live in the very beautiful state of Oregon.
Karen, thank you so much for reading and commenting and sharing! You are so sweet, and I am glad to “meet” you!