Whew! Was November the longest month ever or what? No? It was just me? Well, I’m glad I shared many of the things I’m thankful for with you. It was a good exercise in gratitude, plus it gave me an excuse to tell some of my stories and show you some of my pictures. But if I ever needed more evidence that despite my penchant for brilliant ideas, I’ll never make millions because I lack follow-through, well, this was it. But I followed through. I persevered. And now I’m finished.
(Not done. My mom always told me, “Dogs are done; people are finished.” Is that true? Anyone else heard that one?)
Now, I can write about anything I want! I can go days without posting! I can learn more about you all instead of boring you with my stories!
So, on that note, I’d like to know TEN new things about each of you. Post it in the comments or on your own blog or both – I can’t wait to learn about you guys! And to make it fair (and because I love me a good list), here are ten things about me:
- I sort my M&Ms by color.
- I have a blonde streak in my brown hair – a birthmark, not a salon accident.
- I sang at a country opry once in high school. I did not wear sequins or boots.
- I hate whistling. And the flute. And really, I’m not too fond of sopranos. (Sorry, sopranos.)
- The first TV show I was addicted to was, “Life Goes On.”
- I don’t like the taste of coffee or alcohol. I can’t even stand coffee-flavored ice cream. (However, a good malt beverage or fruity “girl drink” can be tolerated.)
- I am terrified of trains. The phobia began when the terrible machines played a starring role in my childhood recurring nightmare. The graphic train safety video and presentation in 4th grade didn’t help either.
- I am constantly applying chapstick and/or chewing gum. It’s because I’m (sadly) a mouth breather, thanks to year-round allergies.
- I love magazines. And here’s how I read them: first, I read the last page. Then I start on page one and devour it front to back. No skipping around. No aimlessly flipping through. Front. To. Back.
- I hate cherry-flavored food (Starburst, Skittles, pie). But my favorite drink is Cherry Coke. I have no explanation.
Okay, now it’s your turn!