UPDATE: Congratulations to BeckyJo and Debbie! (And thanks to Chelley for giving us a second book!) Your copy of Me, Myself & Lies will be on its way today!
For everyone else, please join us anyway. If you are having trouble finding a book online, check your local stores. Especially the Lifeway stores. The Lifeway store near me had several; I believe you can order and pay over the phone and have it shipped to you. The number to my store is 816-746-8080.
See you all on Monday! We’ll chat live at 8:00 p.m. CST.
- I’ve just learned that our Bible study book is out of stock on the Lifeway site. According to Beth Moore’s blog, you can call customer service and have them find one at a store near you. That number is 1-800-458-2772. However, I also have one book to give away. The trick is going to be getting it to you in time for our first session on Monday. So, if you want to do the study with us and haven’t gotten your book, leave a comment on this post before midnight. I’ll draw a random winner – and ship the book – tomorrow. (If you don’t know what study I’m talking about, you can read about it here.) And don’t worry – we’re just talking about the study in general on Monday. We’ll discuss the first chapter the following week.
- Some of you may have noticed that I have begun replying to your comments via e-mail. If you’d like me to reply to you that way and haven’t gotten such a reply, that’s because I don’t have your e-mail address. The easiest way to make this all happen is to have your e-mail address linked to the account you sign in with. Colleen explains how to do this on her very helpful (and funny as all get out) blog.
- I just want you to know that I have not forgotten my promise to share with you everything I’ve learned at the social media conferences I’ve attended recently. I even have a handy dandy folder with all my notes. It’s just hard to boil it all down to one post, and I haven’t gotten it done yet. But I will. Hopefully before people start talking about Web 4.0 . . .
- I am now officially in love with two things named Arrested Development. Yes, you needed to know that.
- Please help me out. I can’t decide which of these things is funnier: Awkward Family Photos or the literal video version of Total Eclipse of the Heart. What say you?
- If you Twitter, you can follow me. I can’t guarantee wit or wisdom. But if you’re not a interactive marketing specialist here to make me money, I’ll probably follow you back.
- My blog friend Annie is in Africa right now with the Mocha Club. You can read about her adventures at the Mocha Club blog (or click on the widget in my sidebar). And you can help for just $7 a month.
- I wish with all my heart there was an easier way to make numbered or bulleted lists in Blogger.
Mary, the video was hilarious! I was rolling! Thanks for sharing.
I have a book I can probably give away too — because I just found out my church is doing the study too and is selling them in their store (but I had already bought one from Barnes & Noble online — oh! You guys can also buy it there if they still have them! but it costs more there if you don't have a free shipping code like I did;). I guess I should also probably check first to make sure my church store does have some in stock — they're not starting the study until July. Well, let me know if anyone needs one, & I'll see what I can do! :)
I remember Arrested Development! :) But I think they must've had another song that I remember better (not coming to mind right now though, haha:).
As for which is funnier — the video or the website, I don't see why you have to pick one. Can't they both be funny? And creepy? Because they are. (I can't believe that was an actual video in the first place — the literal version may have even made it less creepy!:))
Oh, and what if you already know our email address but we prefer you respond to our comments here so everyone can see how funny/clever you think our comments are? OK, was that too brutally honest? Sorry… I really meant so that we can get conversations going in the comments section (like on the Hugh Jackman/Eric Bana post), because I like that (too:).
I don't have the book, and would really love to be part of this!
Um, I'm totally into the Awkward family photos – have to visit the ladies' room before I have an accident…
I already follow you on Twitter – and I'm glad, too. I wouldn't have known about this! (thequeenmommy)
thequeenmommy2 at yahoo dot com
Okay, Chelley. You've made your point. And it is a good one. I'll go back to replying to your comments here. In front of God and everyone. :P
Christelle, just to clarify – do you want to be entered into the book drawing? Because so far, we have two books and two people! :)
Debbie, I'm glad you came by!
OK, I found out B&N doesn't have any left online either. :( But I contacted my church and they have a few copies left and will be getting more soon. So I would feel guilty (b/c they don't have many left), but I don't b/c they're getting more soon, and their studies start after this one does. :) So it should be no problem to get one (I can't until tomorrow night though). :) Just let me know where to send it! :)
Haha, thanks, Mary. :P
LOVE the video – but till think akward photos is the stinkin funniest thing ever! LOVE IT!
PS – WANT THAT BOOK! No lifeway store here and I cannot find it anywhere!!!!
Looks like I might actually be able to get them tonight. I'll call you, Mary. :)
Just wanted to say that I love your blog…honestly, don't know how I found it. But, I'll be back…if I can find it again. I should bookmark this. :)
I found your blog via twitter and it's wonderful. I also see that you are going to She Speaks and I went last year and absolutely loved it. I'm on the waiting list this year so we'll see if God wants me there or not. I have a small group starting the Me Myself and Lies study in 2 weeks. Can't wait! I don't need a book, just wanted to say hi and introduce myself and I'll be checking back often to see the latest.
Literal Total Eclipse, for sure. Only time I've laughed harder was at Bruce Almighty. Although Awkward Family Photos is also hilarious.
Stacy and Paige – I'm so glad you stopped by! I hope you'll come back! :)
I still need to get the book…but I'm in…too…
I definately need to know important things! Thanks for sharing.
Yeah…I finally got the twitter thing going…it has to be on my phone to make it useful.