Chandler: All right I’d like to propose a toast, a little toast here. Ding, ding! I know this isn’t exactly the kind of Thanksgiving that all of you planned, but for me, this has been really great. You know, I think because it didn’t involve divorce or projectile vomiting. Anyway I was just thinking, I mean, if you had gone to Vail or if you guys had been with your family or if you didn’t have syphilis and stuff … we wouldn’t be all together you know, so I guess what I’m trying to say is I’m very thankful that all your Thanksgivings sucked.
Everyone Else: That’s so sweet!
Ross: And hey, here’s to a lousy Christmas!
Rachel: And a crappy new year.
Chandler: Here, Here!
Friends aired a very special Thanksgiving episode every year in its 10-year run. But fun Thanksgiving scenes and episodes don’t stop with our six favorite friends. Here are some of my favorites. I hope you’ll share yours, too!
- How I Met Your Mother: Slap Bet – Three years ago, Barney lost a slap bet to Marshall over Robin’s big secret. Hilarious and the start of a running gag that’s lasted all the way to this Monday’s episode, Slapsgiving.
- Ed: Something Old, Something New – In the first season of one of my all-time favorite shows evah, Ed deals with his first Thanksgiving after divorce. Mike bets him ($10, of course) that he can’t get the grocery store manager to tell him where the lettuce is in under a minute. The catch? He must pronounce it “let-oose.” I don’t know why, but this particular $10 bet cracks me up every time. Just like it cracks me up every time Mark and I use this alternate pronunciation. Which might be more often than you’d think.
- Gilmore Girls: A Deep-Fried Korean Thanksgiving – You know I love my Gilmores. In season three, they tried to eat four Thanksgiving dinners in one day, and I fell in love all over again. And that was even before Jess kissed Rory!
- Will & Grace: Moveable Feast – This season four double episode has me laughing every time I watch it. Instead of going their separate ways for the holiday, Will, Grace, Karen and Jack take a road trip, trying to fit in visits to each of their dysfunctional families. Unfortunately, I couldn’t find a video clip, so here are a couple other clips instead.
- Home for the Holidays – I was introduced to this movie in college, and I have loved it ever since. There’s just something special about a family that’s so messed up, isn’t there? This scene isn’t for the faint of heart, so proceed with caution. But it’s darned funny if you don’t mind some holiday freaking out!
What are your favorite Thanksgiving movies or TV episodes? Or songs! Let’s not forget “Turkey for you and turkey for me . . .”!
I love the Gilmore Girls episode where they tried to eat all those meals in one day. Haha, that has to rate right up there at the top of my list. I love when they come back to Sookie and Jackson's to find everything has been deep fried!
Oh, now I feel a serious need to watch my Gilmore Girls when I get back home. A little marathon event is in my future!
I hope you had a great Thanksgiving!
The episodes with Jess are my absolute favorite "Gilmore Girls." I just love him! I never liked Logan…
ahhh…. now i wanna watch friends. ♥ that show…
you totally rock.
seriously, i think this post tickled my funny bone and made my year.
i just got done watching a bunch of Ed clips… ahhh you made my day!!
Adam Sandler and the turkey song is my A#1 fav. And I love that Friends episode almost as much as I L.O.V.E.D. Ed, of course.