Edited to add: I didn’t end up downloading these songs and burning to a CD after all. Something came up last night, so I’ll just have to cross my fingers that my picks are as overplayed this weekend as they have been all summer!
Now, before you judge my taste in music, you should know that I’ll only be listening to my mix while my child’s ears are covered up with headphones attached to her portable DVD player.
[Why does that not sound as much better as it did in my head?]
And yes, I realize this might seem like a strange selection, but the truth is, dance-y, poppy tunes make me happy. So, I’ll be listening to this:
[These links are going to the song’s video on YouTube, so click at your own risk if this isn’t your type of music.]
1. On The Floor – Jennifer Lopez (I know. But this is not the first time I’ve admitted loving J-Lo.)
2. Tonight Tonight – Hot Chelle Rae (“Lalala. Whatever.” I could seriously listen to this one 10 times a day.)
3. Andy Grammer – Keep Your Head Up (I’m not sure what it is about this happy little song, but it screams SUMMER to me.)
4. Don’t Wanna Go Home – Jason Derulo (How can you not like a song with a Day-O hook? Also, dude can DANCE.)
5. Price Tag – Jessie J and B.O.B (Did you really think I’d leave out a song rhyming “cha-ching” and “bling”?)
6. You and Tequila – Kenny Chesney and Grace Potter (Yes. Country. I like it. Deal with it.)
7. Shelter Me – Ray LaMontagne (I saw him in concert in June and DANG, he was good. And this song? Ah-maze-ing.)
8. Move – Mercy Me (Is this a new song? I’m not sure. But it’s new to me, and I LOVE IT.)
9. Who Says – Selena Gomez (Yes, I just added a teeny bopper song to the list. Are you really surprised? Can you say catchy?)
10. Cooler Than Me – Mike Posner (I ran out of things to say. But I like this song.)
What songs are on YOUR summer mix tape?