Edited to add: I didn’t end up downloading these songs and burning to a CD after all. Something came up last night, so I’ll just have to cross my fingers that my picks are as overplayed this weekend as they have been all summer!
Now, before you judge my taste in music, you should know that I’ll only be listening to my mix while my child’s ears are covered up with headphones attached to her portable DVD player.
[Why does that not sound as much better as it did in my head?]
And yes, I realize this might seem like a strange selection, but the truth is, dance-y, poppy tunes make me happy. So, I’ll be listening to this:
[These links are going to the song’s video on YouTube, so click at your own risk if this isn’t your type of music.]
1. On The Floor – Jennifer Lopez (I know. But this is not the first time I’ve admitted loving J-Lo.)
2. Tonight Tonight – Hot Chelle Rae (“Lalala. Whatever.” I could seriously listen to this one 10 times a day.)
3. Andy Grammer – Keep Your Head Up (I’m not sure what it is about this happy little song, but it screams SUMMER to me.)
4. Don’t Wanna Go Home – Jason Derulo (How can you not like a song with a Day-O hook? Also, dude can DANCE.)
5. Price Tag – Jessie J and B.O.B (Did you really think I’d leave out a song rhyming “cha-ching” and “bling”?)
6. You and Tequila – Kenny Chesney and Grace Potter (Yes. Country. I like it. Deal with it.)
7. Shelter Me – Ray LaMontagne (I saw him in concert in June and DANG, he was good. And this song? Ah-maze-ing.)
8. Move – Mercy Me (Is this a new song? I’m not sure. But it’s new to me, and I LOVE IT.)
9. Who Says – Selena Gomez (Yes, I just added a teeny bopper song to the list. Are you really surprised? Can you say catchy?)
10. Cooler Than Me – Mike Posner (I ran out of things to say. But I like this song.)
What songs are on YOUR summer mix tape?
If you and I ever take a road trip together, one thing we WON’T argue about is the music! Excellent choices, all of them! :)
Love it! I listen to all kinds of things and sometimes feel silly doing so. I’ll no longer feel silly knowing that I’m in good company! :)
After my Milwaukee-to-Nashville roadtrip this past April, I created on YouTube a playlist of my best roadtrip songs. Have a good trip!!!
Let’s see…my mix tape would be the Black Keys, Muse, a little U2, Coldplay and for the win…Dave Matthews (gasp!). If my kids are in the car too, then it’s Seeds Family Worship http://www.seedsfamilyworship.net/
Have a fun trip Mary!
The JLo and Jessie J songs are so catchy! Love your play list :).
I just made a rush trip home and didn’t have time to make a new mix tape mix. It was a rough 3 hours!
I have to say, I love all these songs. Seriously. I should make this CD for myself. Yes, I still do the CD thing too.