I will miss commercials when I get a DVR. I can still watch them, right? I just have the option to skip them? Tell me I don’t have to give up [good] commercials.
Yes, I’m aware that’s really weird. So is using a VCR in 2012. Shut up.
I saw this one a few nights ago and loved it for so many reasons.
- That car guy? Is just like my husband. (He hates retro music and loves talking cars. “It’s important.”)
- Those friends having a good time, singing their hearts out? They seem fun. I want to hang out with them.
- I recognized the celebrity voice-over before my husband, even though recognizing celebrity voice-overs is kind of his superpower.
- I used to have a Chevy Malibu. I don’t know anything about its brakes, but I loved that it had lots of cup holders and both a tape deck and a CD player. I know. Big surprise.
- It made me think about all the times I’ve sung along to cheesy songs with my own friends.
Case in point: Smitty and I broke into “Ice, Ice Baby” last Friday night as we cooked dinner. Yes, we do know all the words.
What songs do you sing with your friends?
Yeah, but, Tim Allen is a good guess for ALL commercial voice overs! Chances are it will be him, right? LOL!
Sshhhh! I was feeling so clever! ;)
My first clue is usually, ‘Hey, doesn’t that sound like Buzz Lightyear?’
I can’t remember the last time I was in the car with my friends! My sister and I always sing along (badly) to The Offspring, specifically ‘Come out and play’ and ‘Self-esteem’. Old school.
I totally did not get that was Tim Allen! And then I listened again (after reading the above comments) and was like “Oh yeah!” I am losing my powers.
I am older than you but the other day the radio played “Informer” by Snow when I drove into my garage–you know I had to stay and finish the song.