I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but I’ve been experimenting with a little old-school blogging lately. I’ve published an old-fashioned list post, an almost-wordless post with lots of photos, and a random rant about technology. Sadly, based on the response from you all, you aren’t totally digging this experiment.
And I respect that. But before I say farewell to this retro phase of mine, I’ve got to answer a few questions. Eleven questions, to be exact. Because my friend (who will be called HM here and is a real-life friend-of-a-friend and one of my very first blogging friends) has tagged me in an 11-Question Meme.
Don’t fret. I’m not about to tag anyone else. No need to yell, “Not it!” But I do hope you weigh in on at least one of these questions in the comments!
- What is your favorite color? Red and turquoise are my favorites. Unless we’re talking crayons, and then it’s burnt sienna all the way.
- If you could teach a dog a new trick, what would it be? To not smell like a dog. Duh.
- Do you enjoy singing? How about just in the shower? Really? That’s like asking me if I enjoy breathing. Of course I enjoy singing. And not too long ago, I said to Smitty, “I really think I need more karaoke in my life.” That has yet to happen, but maybe someday.
- If you were a superhero, what would your superpower be? If I’m me, just with a cape and tights (yikes!), my superpowers would be spelling and smelling. (And, apparently, rhyming. And miming. No, not really. But that does rhyme.) Anyway, I’m a great speller and I have a strong sense of smell that my husband has dubbed the Super Sniffer. So there you go.
- Can you do a cartwheel? Right now? Probably not. And I don’t think I’m going to find out.
- What is your favorite sound? Hands down, my husband and daughter laughing together.
- What would you do with $27.56? Get my hair cut. Without a coupon.
- Do you have any weird tricks? (i.e., double jointed? wiggle your nose?, etc.) I learned how to make balloon animals once. Does that count?
- If you had to give up one of your five senses, which would it be and why? Despite my aforementioned superpower, I’d say smell. Although I might as well say taste, then. And that’s just a sad thought.
- Do you have a favorite Bible verse? What is it? Right now it’s Hebrews 12:1b (NLT): “Let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us.”
- Which do you prefer: car, boat, or airplane? (money is no object) Car, no contest. I love traveling, and I even love being in airports. But flying is not my fave.
I can’t promise I’ll never kick it old-school again (after all, I am the infamous Owner of a VCR), but until I succumb to meme pressure again, will you humor me by answering one of those questions, too?