August! It’s AUGUST! And school starts in 12 days! (Not that I’m counting. But I totally am.) July went by fast, as evidenced by my shorter-than-usual lists of books read, recipes tried and hours worked. But it was still a good month, and I’ve got a few things to share.
How did YOUR July go? I hope you’ll tell us all about it in the comments!
What I’m Reading:
- Before I Go to Sleep by S.J. Watson – suspense that’s kind of like What Alice Forgot meets Sleeping with the Enemy. And it’s being made into a movie. EXCELLENT.
- Scarlet by A.C. Gaughen – YA retelling of Robin Hood, if Robin and his men were teenagers and not all men. I really enjoyed it but the dialect of the main character got on my nerves.
- The Target by David Baldacci – Corrupt government and assassins doing assassin things. It’s the same old, same old for Baldacci, but darn it, I love it every time.
- The Cure for the “Perfect” Life by Kathy Lipp and Cheri Gregory – I’ve just started this one, but it’s fantastic so far. More to come.
- How I Fall by Anne Eliot – This is a self-published YA novel about a sixteen-year-old girl with cerebral palsy and the super cute boy she likes. I’m not going to be able to write a description that makes it sound good, I know, because it didn’t sound good to me either. But I’ve read Eliot’s other two books and they were really good. This one was, too. Just believe me. I wouldn’t lead you astray!
What I’m Watching:
Well, basically all the same stuff I was watching last month: So You Think You Can Dance, Suits, Covert Affairs, Perception and Chasing Life. Most importantly, though, we’ve finished the first season of Friday Night Lights and are DYING for season two to come in at the library.
So, I have to ask those of you who watched FNL a million years ago (or Breaking Bad, I guess) – don’t you think Jesse Plemons looks JUST LIKE Matt Damon? In a, I don’t know, Ron Weasley sort of way?
Finally. Tell me you saw this video. IT IS BRILLIANT.
So, spill it: What were you into last month?