It’s Saturday. The weekend. So let’s kick back and play fill-in-the-blank. I say, “When life gives you lemons…” and the internet says, well, a lot of stuff. Here are the funniest (and strangest) twists I found. Can’t wait to hear yours!
When Life Gives You Lemons…
- Ask for the receipt.
- Suck out all of the vitamin C and yell “EAT THAT, LIFE!
- Put them under your mattress and pretend that they are peas and you are the princess.
- Ask for salt and tequila!
- Just add vodka.
- Make lemonade and then sell that lemonade to others at an exorbitant price because this is America, dangit!
- Plant the seeds and grow a lemon tree, thus taunting and confusing life by giving life to lemons.
- Collect them. One day life will stop and you’ll have the most lemons ever.
- Peel them, pull apart the sections and give one piece to each of your minions; it’s called delegating.
- Make a cherry pie. Because no one was expecting the Spanish Inquisition. And because you can.
- Make grape juice. Then sit back and let the world wonder how you did it.
- Alter their DNA and make super lemons.
- Take them. You shouldn’t waste food!
- Make chicken piccata.
- Stick them down your shirt and make your boobs look bigger.
- Squeeze them in your sweet tea and thank God you’re from the South.
- Throw them back in life’s face and say, “You know what, Life? I didn’t ask for lemons. I ordered an espresso.”
And then there was my favorite response to life’s gift of lemons, attributed to a person who is apparently a video game character. I don’t know about that, guys. But this? This is funny stuff:
All right, I’ve been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade – make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons. What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give you lemons. Do you know who I am? I’m the man who’s gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I’m going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
So what SHOULD we do when life gives us lemons?
This post is part of a 31 Days series. Make sure you don’t miss a single post by subscribing to this blog. Once you confirm your email subscription, you’ll be entered into an exclusive weekly drawing [during the month of October] for a Daily Grace pitcher from DaySpring.