It’s Saturday. The weekend. So let’s kick back and play fill-in-the-blank. I say, “When life gives you lemons…” and the internet says, well, a lot of stuff. Here are the funniest (and strangest) twists I found. Can’t wait to hear yours!
When Life Gives You Lemons…
- Ask for the receipt.
- Suck out all of the vitamin C and yell “EAT THAT, LIFE!
- Put them under your mattress and pretend that they are peas and you are the princess.
- Ask for salt and tequila!
- Just add vodka.
- Make lemonade and then sell that lemonade to others at an exorbitant price because this is America, dangit!
- Plant the seeds and grow a lemon tree, thus taunting and confusing life by giving life to lemons.
- Collect them. One day life will stop and you’ll have the most lemons ever.
- Peel them, pull apart the sections and give one piece to each of your minions; it’s called delegating.
- Make a cherry pie. Because no one was expecting the Spanish Inquisition. And because you can.
- Make grape juice. Then sit back and let the world wonder how you did it.
- Alter their DNA and make super lemons.
- Take them. You shouldn’t waste food!
- Make chicken piccata.
- Stick them down your shirt and make your boobs look bigger.
- Squeeze them in your sweet tea and thank God you’re from the South.
- Throw them back in life’s face and say, “You know what, Life? I didn’t ask for lemons. I ordered an espresso.”
And then there was my favorite response to life’s gift of lemons, attributed to a person who is apparently a video game character. I don’t know about that, guys. But this? This is funny stuff:
All right, I’ve been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade – make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons. What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give you lemons. Do you know who I am? I’m the man who’s gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I’m going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
So what SHOULD we do when life gives us lemons?
This post is part of a 31 Days series. Make sure you don’t miss a single post by subscribing to this blog. Once you confirm your email subscription, you’ll be entered into an exclusive weekly drawing [during the month of October] for a Daily Grace pitcher from DaySpring.
Ha ha ha! This is so hilarious!I especially liked the one delegating and altering the dna to make super lemons!!!
Thank you, thank you, thank you for making me smile this morning!! I love this! (having pink lemonade cake for breakfast btw ;) )
This made me smile. I liked especially: “Squeeze them in your sweet tea and thank God you’re from the South. – See more at: http://www.givinguponperfect.com/2014/10/when-life-gives-you-lemons/#comments”
I’ve had lemons handed to me more times than I can shake a stick. I now say, “Ok, Lord, what can I learn from this?”
I think I still like the good old standard finish to that question…”make lemonade!” What this tells me is that you may have received something really ‘sour’ in life, but you can change it all with adding a little sugar (sweet memories of life) and actually enjoy it in the end…drinking some refreshing lemonade. This past year I’ve discovered lemons are one of the healthiest things you can eat! They do so many good things for your body…and you can even clean with them – a natural germ killer! So when “life gives you lemons” – you are one lucky mama!
LOL. Thanks for a great moment of laughter with my son :) … I do think my favorite lemon quote is still, “Unless life gives you sugar and water with those lemons, your lemonade is going to be jacked up!” haha.
Mix the lemons with sweet oranges and honey then put it in your porridge. Its taste will be diluted and the outcome is a wonderful drink!