The best tip I’ve ever learned from the interwebs? How to cook bacon.
I grew up thinking the proper method for frying bacon was in the microwave. It works for my mom, but even when I used the special microwave bacon plate, I couldn’t get it right. My husband is a proponent of frying bacon in a skillet on the stove. Personally, I prefer to avoid being spattered with boiling lava, I mean, bacon grease.
So for many years, I didn’t cook bacon. Which is sad because that means I didn’t eat bacon. (Well, you know, good for my arteries. But sad for my taste buds – and my husband who lives by the motto, “Bacon makes everything better.”)
Then I read about baking bacon. And it changed my life. Maybe I was the last person to learn about this. Maybe you’ve been baking your bacon for years. But just in case you don’t know about this, I’m here to change your life, too.
Here’s how you do it:
1. Line a cookie sheet with foil.
2. Place thick-sliced bacon in one layer on the sheet. Do not overlap slices.
3. Turn oven to 400 degrees (don’t preheat). Put the bacon in the oven.
4. Check it after 15 minutes, but it might take closer to 20 minutes.
5. Place on paper towels and blot. (I know. Ew. But…bacon.)
6. Enjoy perfectly cooked, crispy bacon!
What’s your favorite way to cook (or eat!) bacon?
It’s time for Works for Me Wednesday. I’m looking forward to your tips, tricks, ideas and inspiration! If this is your first time linking up with WFMW here, PLEASE read the guidelines I shared in this post. Highlights include linking your specific post, not the front page of your blog, and making sure to include a link back to this site in your WFMW. Thank you!!
This post may be linked to these amazing carnivals and link parties.