I read somewhere that April is the new New Year’s — or, maybe more accurately, can be considered a New Year’s Do-Over. I’m not sure this is official or anything, but I’m going to go with it. I mean, I’m going to go with it in the morning. Because I might possibly be finishing off a grape soda that I stole from my husband’s stash tonight.
But tomorrow. TOMORROW! I’m going to eat a salad.
[Side note: This isn’t my first do-over of the year. And it probably won’t be my last. But as long as I keep trying, I’m hopeful that THIS time is the one I’ll make more healthy choices than bad ones. And the same goes for you. You can try again, do-it-over, start fresh. With a salad or a plan or a jog or a patch or a first draft. We can try again, again, together.]
Now, back to the salads. I was actually going to eat a salad today but when I considered the ingredients in my fridge, I got a little depressed. So I went to the store and I went to the Pinterest and I came up with a list of salads I want to try. Just in case your do-over includes salads, too, here’s my list!
7 Salads I Want to Try This Spring
- Southwestern Chopped Salad with Buttermilk Ranch Dressing: This one’s pretty obvious. Mexican food is my favorite, and recently I’ve become a pretty big fan of ranch dressing (I used to hate it. Go figure.).
- Thai Cashew Chopped Salad with a Ginger Peanut Sauce: I like pad thai. And peanut sauce. And the thing about chopped salad is that, well, you chop everything up. So even weird veggies are edible.
- Melon and Pineapple Fruit Salad with Honey, Lime & Mint Dressing: I don’t love pineapple, but diced and mixed with melon and a sweet dressing? This sounds delicious.
- Very Berry Cheesecake Salad: Okay, fine, so this one looks more like a psuedo-healthy dessert. But it also looks yummy and I want to eat it and so it goes on the list.
- Chili Lime Sweet Corn Salad: HELLO! This is obviously going on my Cinco de Mayo menu. I mean, I don’t have a party planned or anything, but now that I’ve seen this, I might have to come up with something!
- Pear, Pomegranate and Spinach Salad: Now, this is not normally my kind of salad. But I decided that I needed to stretch myself. So pears and pomegranates it is.
- Creamy Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad: Right. I know. This is NOT a healthy, eat-for-lunch, save-calories kind of dish. But I’ve pinned it — or a version of it — about a dozen times. So it seems like a good thing to finally make!
Now, all I have to figure out is which salad to try first! I’m thinking the Thai Cashew Chopped Salad, with a side of Melon and Pineapple Fruit Salad… Salads work for me!
What’s your favorite kind of salad?
If this is your first time linking up with WFMW here, PLEASE read the guidelines I shared in this post. Highlights include linking your specific post, not the front page of your blog, and making sure to include a link back to this site in your WFMW. Thank you!!
This post may be linked to these amazing carnivals and link parties.
Any day is a good to to start over in my opinion. As for salads, my favorite is chicken salad with grapes and pecans. I also like Broccoli salad, Kale Salad & Layered Pea Salad. Green says “healthy” to my eyes. :)
Green says healthy to me, too! :)