This week my friend Amanda White and I are talking about beach reads and books to escape into. Mainly because, as she said, if you can’t go on a fancy spring break trip right now, just escape into a book!
We talk about our favorite “comfort food” books, all the time travel stories we can remember, and whether or not “bibliotherapy” is a real word. (Verdict: It might not be, but it should be.) And once again, I try to rationalize romance novels and TV shows about aliens.
MENTIONED IN THE SHOW:
- River of Time series by Lisa Tawn Bergren
- Timeline by Michael Crichton
- Shatter Me series by Tahereh Mafi
- Everneath series by Brodi Ashton
- Timeless (NBC TV show)
- Unblemished series by Sara Ella
- Lunar Chronicles series by Marissa Meyer
- Wires and Nerve, vol. 1 (Lunar Chronicles graphic novel)
- Babysitter’s Club graphic novels
- Agatha Christie’s Ordeal by Innocence on Amazon Prime
- The Illuminae Files by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff
- Join The Couch on Facebook!
- Find Amanda at ohamanda.com and Mary at marycarver.com.
Welcome to The Couch!
Download the episode here or listen by clicking below.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download