Happy holidays! What…too soon? I know, I know, this is the debate of the year. When should we start with all the holiday celebrating. Obviously, as one who won’t shut up about being hooked on holiday movies, I fall into the camp of earlier. But even if you’re not, I hate to break it to you…it’s already the middle of November, and Thanksgiving is right around the corner.
So, today my brother James and I are talking holiday specials. NOT holiday movies, but the animated specials, the parades, the concerts, the light contests and gift wrapping contests and, let’s have a moment of silence for the days of the a capella singing contests. We reminisce about our family’s weird holiday traditions and then pick our top 3 holiday specials. And I’m going to tell you right now that we probably left out your favorites. So find me on Instagram or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to let me know what I forgot. Listen to the show and just see if, by the end, your heart doesn’t grow three sizes.
Don’t forget: Click here to download your FREE Hooked on Holiday Movies bundle! And if you happen to love holiday movies as much as holiday specials, but can’t watch Hallmark without cable, I’ve got a solution for you! Frndly TV is a streaming app that has all three (THREE!) Hallmark channels, as well as several other family-friendly channels. You can watch live or on demand, and it’s as low as $5.99. Check it out with a FREE 7-day trial here.
MENTIONED IN THE SHOW:
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas
- A Claymation Christmas Celebration
- A Charlie Brown Christmas
- Buck Denver Asks: Why Do We Call It Christmas
- The Tabernacle Choir Christmas Special
- Frosty the Snowman
- A Garfield Christmas
- Mickey’s Christmas Carol
- Shine On with Reese Witherspoon on Netflix
- The Highwomen (group and album)
- Alvin & the Chipmunks Christmas song
- A Christmas Story
- It’s a Wonderful Life
- Elmo’s Christmas Countdown
- St. Nicholas: A Story of Joyful Giving (VeggieTales)
- Emmett Otter’s Jug-Band Christmas
- Join The Couch on Facebook!
- Find Mary on Instagram at @marycarver or @hooked.on.hallmark.
Welcome to The Couch!
Download the episode here or listen below!
This post contains affiliate links, so if you click and purchase, I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download