What is going on here? Two podcasts, two weeks in a row, both about sports? What can I say, friends? It’s that time of year!
This week I’m joined by my friend and sports fanatic, Robby Malone. Robby is a new friend from church and also the creator of some really fun stuff on TikTok and Instagram. As soon as we met, we started talking about getting him over to The Couch and with the Super Bowl coming up, we decided today was the day.
Robby and I are talking all about football movies this week (even though we admit that our favorite parts of the Super Bowl are the food and the commercials). And because this is The Couch, where side notes and rabbit trails are welcome, we also get into football TV shows, cartoons for grownups, and poorly named but actually enjoyable sitcoms.
I’ve still got a cold and a scratchy throat, but that’s okay. Again, it’s that time of year. And regardless, this episode is a good time, and I know you’re going to love it. Let’s get started!
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- The Replacements (Prime)
- Jerry Maguire (Prime)
- The Waterboy (Prime)
- We Are Marshall (HBO Max)
- ESPN 30 for 30 – This Was the XFL (Prime)
- Remember the Titans (Disney+)
- Concussion (AMC+)
- Draft Day (AMC+)
- The Longest Yard (Netflix)
- The Blind Side (Prime)
- Episode #72 of The Couch Podcast (TV theme songs with James Walters)
- All-American (The CW)
- Friday Night Lights (Hulu)
- Last Chance U (Netflix)
- The Longest Yard (the original film, Prime)
- Rudy (Prime)
- Join The Couch on Facebook! It’s so much fun!
- Find Robby on TikTok, Instagram, or Twitter. And you can find me on Instagram at @marycarver or at marycarver.com.
Welcome to The Couch!
This post may include affiliate links. This means that if you click and purchase, I might receive a small commission at no extra charge to you.