Are you a theater nerd? A musical lover? A creative in any way? Or just a big fan of Andrew Garfield and/or Lin-Manuel Miranda? Then, as you may have already guessed from those questions, this episode is for you!
My friends and colleagues (and friends of the show), Anna Rendell and Grace Cho, are here to talk with me about the Netflix original musical, Tick…Tick…Boom!, as well as the creative process and our new book, Empowered.
If you don’t know, Tick…Tick…Boom! is about the life and work of Jonathan Larson, a theater composer best known for Rent. And Empowered is a devotional about how God cares about and is active in every part of our lives. You might not automatically see how those things are connected, but keep listening. I promise they actually are.
Of course, because this is The Couch, where rabbit trails and side notes are always welcome (and, I guess, because we recorded this right before lunch), we also get into salads and chocolates, as well as the things that make working from home so much better.
All right, the clock is ticking (see what I did there), so let’s get started!
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Tick…Tick…Boom! on Netflix
- Tick…Tick…Boom! soundtrack on YouTube
- Empowered at Amazon, DaySpring, and Bookshop
- Article about the diner scene (Sunday)
- All the cameos in Tick…Tick…Boom!
- Critical article about the perspective of the movie
- Facebook video talking about the Empowered devotional
- Hear Mary, Anna, and Grace talking about the book on the (in)courage podcast
- Candy dish in the home office
- Beautiful, delicious chocolates
- Chopped salad kits and rotisserie chicken
- Join The Couch on Facebook! It’s so much fun!
- Find Anna on Instagram at @annaerendell or her website, and find Grace on Instagram at @gracepcho or her website. And you can find me on Instagram at @marycarver or at marycarver.com.
Welcome to The Couch!
This post may include affiliate links. This means that if you click and purchase, I might receive a small commission at no extra charge to you.