Kids are going back to school and pumpkin spice everything is back in the store. So you know what that means, right? Time to talk about fall movies!
My good friend (and good friend of the show) Dawn Camp is back on the couch to talk about the movies we’re planning to watch this fall. As always, we have recommendations for date nights, girls nights, family nights, and even take yourself to the movies night. Or afternoon. Or whenever you like to see a movie on your own. And, don’t worry, we also give you the premiere dates of the movies we have no interest in watching but will still be big ol’ hits. Basically, if it’s a movie you need to know about, we’re gonna talk about it!
A couple notes: As we mention in the episode, we are well aware that premiere dates and other info is all subject to change. And wouldn’t you know it, info changed as soon as we finished recording. Don’t get too excited about the Shazam! sequel coming out at Christmas, because it’s been bumped back to March 2023. However, we DO have a premiere date for Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery! That’ll be out on Netflix on December 23. So, mark your calendars for all these movies but also maybe write in pencil.
As always, side notes and rabbit trails are welcome here at The Couch, so it’s no surprise that Dawn and I got into legal thrillers, book subscriptions, climate change, and what happens when the power goes out at the movie theater. It’s a lot and it’s a good time. Let’s get started!
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- The Summer Movie Preview (The Couch Podcast episode #117)
- Mrs. Harris Goes to Paris
- Minions: The Rise of Gru
- Where the Crawdads Sing
- Good Luck to You, Leo Grande
- Top Gun: Maverick
- The Sea Beast
- Secret Headquarters
- Thor: Love & Thunder
- Mystery 101: Playing Dead
- Clifford the Big Red Dog
- Join our weekly (virtual) movie watch parties with The Couch Facebook group!
- And all the new fall movies coming out (check out the trailers here)
- The Lincoln Lawyer book – it’s actually free with Kindle Unlimited!
- The Lincoln Lawyer movie and series
- Only Murders in the Building, season two
- Book of the Month Club (get your first month for just $5 with my link)
- The Bodyguard by Katherine Center
- Join The Couch on Facebook! It’s so much fun!
- Find Dawn on Instagram at @dawncamp or on her website, And you can find me on Instagram at @marycarver or at marycarver.com.
Welcome to The Couch!
This post may include affiliate links. This means that if you click and purchase, I might receive a small commission at no extra charge to you.