Going to the gym. Drinking more water. Flossing every day. Those are good goals, I guess, but you know what’s more fun? Pop culture resolutions!
Last week we looked back on the best of 2022 pop culture, and today we’re looking forward to our pop culture goals for the year. My good friend, good friend of the show, and fellow podcaster Amy Clark is here with me, to talk about all the ways we hope to experience and enjoy more pop culture in 2023.
Of course, this is The Couch, where side notes and rabbit trails are always welcome, so Amy and I get into reality TV, places to find new recipes, episodes on her podcast, episodes on this podcast, and the newsletter we both subscribe to and love.
We had a blast talking about our pop culture resolutions and we’d love to hear yours as well. If you haven’t joined The Couch Facebook Group, this is the perfect time to do so! All week long, we’re talking book recommendations, movie trailers, TV reboots, and more—and I’d love for you to hang out with us. There’s always room on The Couch, and that includes the Facebook group! Just click on the link in the show notes and click “join group”!
Okay, I just know you’re going to love this episode, so let’s get started!
MENTIONED IN THE SHOW:
- Pop Culture Parenting Goals for the Year on MomAdvice.com
- NPR Pop Culture Happy Hour newsletter
- Ben Rector
- M3GAN (movie)
- Babylon (movie)
- The Couch Podcast episode #146 with Alonso Duralde
- The Couch Podcast episode #118 with Dana White
- Book Gang, Amy’s podcast
- The episode about Libby on Amy’s podcast
- Better Than the Movies by Lynn Painter
- Kanopy app
- Flipster app
- Join The Couch on Facebook! It’s so much fun!
- Find Amy on her website, in the Mom Advice Book Club, and on her podcast, The Book Gang. And, of course, you can find me on Instagram at @marycarver or at marycarver.com.
Welcome to The Couch!
This post may include affiliate links. This means that if you click and purchase, I might receive a small commission at no extra charge to you.