I get it now. It actually makes total sense that the new holiday movies sneak up on us every year, since it’s happening during spooky season. Right? That explains it, for sure. It has nothing to do with capitalism rushing the calendar more every year or us getting older and time flying faster. Nope! Spooky season strikes again!
Well anyway. Whether you’re ready for it or not (and let me tell you, and I will keep on telling you, how incredibly ready I am for some cheese and cheer in my life), holiday movies are beginning in 3, 2, 1…NOW. This weekend brings us the first new holiday movies of the season! Woohoo!
As always, my best friend (and best friend of the show) Anna Rendell and I are here to guide you through this hectic but holly-jolly season. We’ve waded through all the new holiday movies (nearly 100 of them, which is thankfully and bizarrely a much smaller number than recent years) to create for you a list of 23 holiday movies to watch in 2023.
Of course, because this is The Couch, where side notes and rabbit trails are always welcome, we also take time to talk about spy shows, lipsticks and earrings, other podcasts, and Hallmark’s continued inability to cast children who look and act the age the script says their characters are.
All right, it’s time to talk holiday movies with Anna. Let’s get started!
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- My latest (in)courage article
- The (in)courage podcast (where Anna is the voice)
- The Hooked on Holiday Movies bundle (stay tuned for the 2023 version)
- The Sorta Awesome Hangout on Facebook
- At Midnight (Paramount+)
- A Moment of Christmas: 25 December Devotions for Moms (by Anna Rendell)
- Sleepless in Seattle (watch on Hulu)
- The Cutting Edge (watch on Hulu or Showtime)
- Field Day (Hallmark Channel)
- The Bear (Hulu)
- Join The Couch on Facebook! It’s so much fun!
- Find Anna on Instagram at @annaerendell or at annarendell.com, and you can find her holiday devotional at Amazon. As always, you can find me on Instagram at @marycarver or at marycarver.com.
Welcome to The Couch!
This post may include affiliate links. This means that if you click and purchase, I might receive a small commission at no extra charge to you.