Looks like lots of folks are starting fun things in October. You’d think it was the beginning of a new season or something!
- Simple Mom is so smart. I may not be as green or organized or simple (in a good way) as her, but I am definitely going to try to take advantage of her latest plan for simple living. 12 Weeks to a Peaceful Christmas starts with a budget and takes us through the cleaning (ugh.), and overall, looks like something I need in my life.
- Do you know The Nester? She is amazing. And sweet. Her creations and ideas blow me away, even when she says things like, “Tuck red and orange berry picks into your current arrangements and wreaths .” My current arrangements? Seriously. But this month, the Nester is hosting 31 Days to a Better Dressed Nest, and I think even decorating dummies like me can handle it.
- I listen to K-LOVE most mornings on the way to work. And yesterday, I heard the morning team say that they’re doing the same thing I am this month: reading the 31 chapters of Proverbs during the 31 days of October. It’s not too late to join us! (I say, as if they really know me and we’re in it together…)
- Have you read any good blog posts or articles lately? My favorite post of this last week was Becca’s post about measuring up.
- By the way, you can see other posts I recommend through Google Shared Items. (They’re also featured in a widget in my right sidebar.)
- And don’t forget: get your favorite Halloween stories, ideas, recipes and memories ready for my carnival on October 30: Giving Up on a Perfect Halloween.
Have a great weekend! I suspect we’ll be up to our ears in banana-flavored treats, monkey-themed decorations, pink tissue paper and little girl giggles!