I read a lot of different blogs about a lot of different topics. So when I looked through my favorite posts of the year, I could have easily made a list of the posts I loved most about blogging, business, cooking or pop culture. But much as I love reading about those topics – and I do – the words I’ve read this year about fighting perfectionism have affected me, inspired me and stuck with me the most.
If you struggle with the expectations, disappointments, frustrations, guilt and exhaustion that come with an unrelenting desire to be perfect – these posts might just be for you. I hope one – or more! – inspires you like it did me.
- Being a Yes Mom :: Many Little Blessings
- Finding Contentment With What You Have :: Melissa Michaels at (in)courage
- We’ve Been Conditoned To Not Make Mistakes :: The Nester
- Every Day… | ohamanda.com
- Paralyzed by Perfectionism :: Melissa Brotherton at (in)courage
- Perfectionism Ruins Entertaining Moments — Reluctant Entertainer
- Perfect Mothers vs. Balanced Mothers — Inspired To Action
- When Your Best Isn’t Good Enough — my blessed life™
- Can we stop pretending? :: Mylestones
- Let Me Be Enough — A Southern Fairytale
- You Are More… :: Savvy Little Women
- By Whose Standard? | Heavenly Homemakers
- I Am Not Enough :: Amy’s Finer Things
- Fighting the Mom-Guilt Battle :: 4tunate
- My New “To-Do” List :: Jen Schmidt at (in)courage
- Your House is Only as Big as Your Hospitality :: The Gypsy Mama @ (in)courage
What were some of your favorite posts from 2011? Share links in the comments!
Thanks for sharing all these great links (and for including mine)….I can’t wait to read them. Timely for all of us!!!
Happy New Year Mary!!!
All the best and many blessings for 2012!!
I’m definitely going to have to read through these! Thanks so much for compiling them.
And, I have to admit, I almost cried when I saw you included one of my posts. *blush*
I think you would love Shauna Niequist’s most recent post ‘Present over Perfect’ http://www.shaunaniequist.com
It was very timely for Christmas but such an important motto to have all year. Happy new year to you Mary!
Thanks, Adele. I did love that post! (No surprise, since I loved both of Shauna’s books!)
Ahhh, I need to make this my “what a rotten day, need to read something encouraging” resource, I do believe! Thanks for including me!
You are welcome – and yes, this list would be a great pick-me-up!