Today’s episode is, essentially, a love letter to Pushing Daisies. Because when it comes to short-lived shows, Pushing Daisies is unique in the dramatic responses it creates in fans. One mention of this show and fans will sigh loudly, cartoon hearts practically popping out of their eyes before they begin gushing about how dreamy and quirky and just plain wonderful it was.
Those fans? They’re not wrong. And my friend Amanda is definitely one of them! Listen in as we deep dive into this beloved show and lament along with us as we wish it had lasted longer. (Also, listen to the end for a confession of my love for my VCR…which I used way longer than any person my age should have.)
And don’t forget to download this guide we made for you. Click here for your free copy of Short-Lived Shows for Every Season.
MENTIONED IN THE SHOW:
- Pushing Daisies (streaming free on Prime)
- Hopelessly Devoted to You (musical scene from the show)
- 15 Fun Facts About Pushing Daisies
- Vanity Fair article about the show’s 10th anniversary
- Join The Couch on Facebook!
- Find Amanda at her website or on Instagram, and find Mary at her website or on Instagram.
Welcome to The Couch!
Download the episode here or listen below!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download