Little known fact: My very favorite song to sing is “If I Could Turn Back Time” by Cher. I tend to think it’s because Cher has a nice alto voice I can sing along to with confidence. No super high notes here but plenty of delicious angst. But you know what? Now that I think about it, I’m wondering if my subconscious attached itself to this song because of my unrelated (but maybe related?) love of time travel stories.
Perhaps part of me wishes I could, in fact, turn back time. Who knows? Regardless, the truth is that I LOVE TIME TRAVEL STORIES. And so does my friend (and friend of the show), Amanda White. So today, the time has come (see what I did there?) for us to talk about ALL our favorite time travel stories in books, TV shows, and movies.
Now, I’ll admit that we haven’t read or watched all the time travel stories out there. But the ones we have? WE LOVE. So take a listen and let us know – which time travel stories are your favorites? Which ones did we forget? How did YOU feel about The Knight Before Christmas?
MENTIONED IN THE SHOW:
- About Time
- Deja Vu (the time I tried to understand science)
- The Lake House
- Kate & Leopold
- Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure
- Back to the Future
- The Knight Before Christmas
- Edge of Tomorrow (also known as Live. Die. Repeat.)
- Timeless (insert heart eyes here)
- Doctor Who
- Hindsight (one of my very favorites)
- Being Erica
ALSO MENTIONED IN THE SHOW:
- The Couch Podcast, S2E21 (Santa Claus movies)
- Bill & Ted Face the Music (yes, a new Bill & Ted movie coming out this summer)
- Time Trial graphic novels by Rysa Walker
- Find Amanda at her website or on Instagram, and find me at marycarver.com or on Instagram. We’d love to connect with you!
- If you wanna watch Hallmark movies but don’t have cable, you need Frndly TV. Frndly TV is a streaming app that has all three (THREE!) Hallmark channels, UPtv, and several other family-friendly channels. You can watch live or on demand, and it’s as low as $5.99. Check it out with a FREE 7-day trial here!
- And I’d love for you to join us over at The Couch Facebook group, a fun, judgment-free zone for anyone who loves talking books, TV, movies, music, and more.
Welcome to The Couch!
Click here to listen, or download the episode below!
By the way, this post may include affiliate links. That means if you click and purchase, I might earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.