Katie Reid—my friend and author—is here this week to talk about her new book, A Very Bavarian Christmas, which is basically a Hallmark Christmas movie waiting to happen. She talks about making the switch from writing non-fiction to fiction and, of course, why it is we love these types of stories so much. I know you’ll enjoy hearing from her.
And hey, if you love holiday movies and haven’t listened to LAST WEEK’S episode, make sure you go back and do that too! Episode #59 is all about the new holiday movies on Hallmark and Lifetime that, believe it or not, start this week. So listen to today’s episode, listen to last week’s episode, and then head over to hookedonholidaymovies.com to get the free bundle I have for you to help make this your best holiday movie season ever.
All right, let’s get started!
MENTIONED IN THE SHOW:
- Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist
- Bethany Turner
- Robin Jones Gunn
- Palisades contemporary (in the 90s) Christian romance novels
- Elf (the movie)
- Miracle on 34th Street (the black and white version)
- A Christmas Prince on Netflix
- Pre-made meals from Sam’s Club
- Stand-up comedy specials on Netflix and Prime (top recommendations: John Mulaney and Mike Birbiglia)
- Join The Couch on Facebook! It’s so much fun!
- And don’t forget to get your Hooked on Holiday Movies merch!
- Find Katie on Instagram at @katiemreid or her website. Find A Very Bavarian Christmas on Amazon. And you can find Mary at @marycarver or her website.
Welcome to The Couch!
These notes include affiliate links. This means that if you click and purchase, I might receive a small commission at no extra charge to you.