My brother is back on the podcast to talk about musical TV shows, episodes, and scenes — and we are so proud of ourselves for not breaking into song and dance a single time. It’s a miracle! (Yes, I did sing that in my head.)
This episode was inspired by our excitement to watch Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist, which – spoiler alert! – we did, indeed, LOVE. Anyway, in this episode we took a deep dive into all of the best and all of our favorite (sometimes the same thing, but not always) singing and dancing on TV. Well, not all of it. This is already a supersized episode and that’s with some strict parameters! While we certainly would have loved to chat (fine. GUSH.) about every single note sung or played on television in the history of ever, we had to limit ourselves a bit.
This episode is part of a special summer series, by the way, where I’m sharing some of my very favorite episodes of The Couch with you. Every episode I’ve curated for you will help you during this season that looks and feels different than anything we’ve experienced before. (And if you want to stay in touch this summer, please join me at The Couch Facebook group! We have so much fun over there, and I’d love to connect with you.)
MUSICAL SHOWS & EPISODES:
- Dr. Horrible’s Singalong Blog
- Crazy Ex-Girlfriend
- Perfect Harmony
- Encore! (This does not fit in my parameters, but my brother didn’t follow the rules. Says his big sister. AHEM.)
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer (S6E7)
- It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia (S4E13)
- Community (S3E10)
- Scrubs (S6E6)
- Psych (S7E15-16)
- Flash/Supergirl crossover
- Pushing Daisies (Hopelessly Devoted in S1E2)
- The Politician (The River in S1E1)
- 30 Rock (Midnight Train to Georgia in S2E10)
- How I Met Your Mother (Girls vs Suits in S5E12)
- Selfie (Chandelier and Wild World in S1E10)
- Chuck (Mr. Roboto in S2E22)
- Schitt’s Creek (Simply the Best in S4E6)
ALSO MENTIONED IN THE SHOW:
- Suddenly Seymour in American Housewife, The Goldbergs, Glee, and Head of the Class
- The Couch Podcast, S1E2 – where we talk about Chuck
- The Couch Podcast, S1E7 – where we talk about Buffy
- The Couch Podcast, S2E2 – where we talk about Pushing Daisies
- You can also hear James on episodes S2E7 (Wizard of Oz) and S2E19 (Christmas TV specials).
- You can find me at marycarver.com or @marycarver on Instagram.
- And I’d love for you to join us over at The Couch Facebook group, a fun, judgment-free zone for anyone who loves talking books, TV, movies, music, and more.
Welcome to The Couch!
Click here to download or listen below!
This post may include affiliate links. So if you click and make a purchase, I might earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.