Welcome to a new episode of The Couch. Today I’m here with best-selling author, nationally respected speaker, and podcast host, Kathi Lipp. Kathi is warm and funny and, between you and me, someone I’ve admired for years. So to get to know her this spring and welcome her to the podcast has been a dream. We really could have kept talking for hours. But for your sake, we didn’t—and I think you’re going to love this conversation! We talk about our favorite heartwarming TV shows because LORD KNOWS we need some comfort food in the way of Netflix binges these days, right?!
And because this is The Couch, where rabbit trails and side notes are always welcome, we also get into your new favorite frozen treat and a TV show I expected to hate but ended up binging. I’m glad you’re here, friends. Get comfy and enjoy this episode!
GIVEAWAY: Kathi is giving away a copy of her best-selling book, Clutter Free: Quick & Easy Steps to Simplifying Your Space, to one listener. Comment on the Instagram post sharing this episode to be entered for a chance to win!
MENTIONED IN THE SHOW:
- Parks and Recreation
- One Day at a Time (only the first three seasons are on Netflix)
- West Wing
- Madam Secretary
- Jane the Virgin
- Gilmore Girls
- Kim’s Convenience
- Sweet Magnolias
- Perfect Harmony (it’s only streaming on Prime)
- Gortimer Gibbon’s Life on Normal Street
- Holly Hobbie
- The Healing Powers of Dude
- The Couch episode #4 with Kristen Strong about cozy shows
- The Couch episode #26 with Lisa-Jo Baker about Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip
- The Couch episode #47 with James Walters about musical scenes
- Rutherford Falls
- Girls 5Eva
- How I Met Your Mother (and How I Met Your Father)
- Ted Lasso
- Playing House
- Yasso Bars (especially the mint chocolate chip kind)
- Saved by the Bell, the reboot on Peacock
- Join The Couch on Facebook! It’s so much fun!
- Find Kathi in her Clutter-Free Academy Facebook group, or at kathilipp.com. You can find me on Instagram at @marycarver or at marycarver.com.
Welcome to The Couch!
This post may include affiliate links. This means that if you click and purchase, I might receive a small commission at no extra charge to you.