Can a beloved country star win over a reluctant holiday movie viewer? Time will tell…
Laura Tremaine joins me this week to share her experience watching her very first Lifetime holiday movie, and it’s both exactly what we expected and a whole lot of fun! Laura is the author of Share Your Stuff, I’ll Go First, the creator of the #onedayHH Instagram campaign, and the host of the 10 Things to Tell You podcast. She’s also a complete newcomer to the world of holiday movies. Though she’s married to an actual movie director, Laura admitted to me last fall (when I was a guest on her podcast) that she’s never watched a made-for-TV holiday movie.
So this year, I asked if she’d be willing to give one a try—and she said yes! In the language of TikTok and good students everywhere, Laura understood this assignment.
Of course, because this is The Couch, where rabbit trails and side notes are always welcome, we also talk for quite a while about the very unofficial difference between thrillers and mysteries, the difference between reading Little Women and watching the movie adaptations, and my possibly offensive take on Amish fiction. This episode really is a blast and I know you’ll love it, so let’s get started!
Hooked on Holiday Movies –This is your hub for all things holiday movies!
Sign up for your FREE bundle that includes a printable schedule of all 150+ new movies airing this year, a printable list of all our picks mentioned in this episode, tips for hosting a movie-watching party (and fun party games), festive recipes, and an exclusive holiday playlist.
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Reba McEntire’s Christmas in Tune
- The Couch Podcast, episode # with Patricia Raybon
- The Couch Podcast, episode # with Meg Tietz
- The Couch Podcast, episode # with Jessica Howard
- Reading thrillers
- Listening to The Vanderbeekers on 141st Street
- Join The Couch on Facebook! It’s so much fun!
- Find Laura on @laura.tremaine on Instagram, on her podcast 10 Things to Tell You, or at lauratremaine.com. And you can find me on Instagram at @marycarver on Instagram, in The Couch Facebook group, or at marycarver.com.
Welcome to The Couch!
This post includes affiliate links. This means that if you click and purchase, I might receive a small commission at no extra charge to you.